Author Topic: New Flag-Waving Clip  (Read 13378 times)

Offline Mag40

• Mars
Re: New Flag-Waving Clip
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2016, 03:45:50 PM »
YES - noise levels of the descent and ascent stages in the LM.

EDIT: Expect the descent stage to be inaudible, and the ascent engine barely audible.

I expect them to be the opposite of that. The descent engine is 3 times more powerful than the ascent engine and noise conduction will be more amplified by the increase in size of the craft.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 06:20:20 PM »
YES - noise levels of the descent and ascent stages in the LM.

EDIT: Expect the descent stage to be inaudible, and the ascent engine barely audible.

I expect them to be the opposite of that. The descent engine is 3 times more powerful than the ascent engine and noise conduction will be more amplified by the increase in size of the craft.

But the descent engine was further removed from the cabin - the ascent engine was RIGHT THERE - they were using it as a stool.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2016, 01:37:59 AM »
They were wearing their inner helmets during ascent and descent, so that would cut down the noise. On the other hand, I bet they felt it.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2016, 02:38:09 PM »
I'm not really sure. I don't think there was any vibration - of course there was acceleration.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.