Author Topic: Questions needing answers  (Read 140744 times)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Re: Questions needing answers
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2016, 08:24:04 PM »
Now that you mention it the main reason I know NASA is a fraud and has bilked billions from taxpayers to fund their fantasy expeditions is the observable and tested facts that the earth is flat.  But I digress ;)

Do you think NASA has some sort of influence over the scientific and engineering communities of countries other than the USA? Do you think they somehow fooled the scientists and engineers in the USSR during the Cold War? Do you think they're somehow fooling the scientists and engineers in Iran or North Korea at the moment?
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2016, 08:32:29 PM »
I asked for a copy of your diploma demonstrating that you are a "degreed engineer" and I still don't see it.
Please understand that I'm not saying that I think tradosaurus has any relevant expertise, but I can't see any value in posting a diploma. All that would prove is that he was able to get a scan of a diploma, which in the internet age isn't a particularly difficult challenge to overcome. While not being able to produce it would be equally unremarkable. My college diploma has been buried somewhere in a box in my basement from when I last moved over a decade ago; I wouldn't bother searching for it for a random internet argument.

It don't see where it proves or disproves anything either way.

Exactly which is why I wouldn't post it.  Although i could probably fake a PhD document as well as NASA.  ;o)
NASA:  Faking space for over 50 years.

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2016, 08:34:57 PM »
Now that you mention it the main reason I know NASA is a fraud and has bilked billions from taxpayers to fund their fantasy expeditions is the observable and tested facts that the earth is flat.  But I digress ;)

Do you think NASA has some sort of influence over the scientific and engineering communities of countries other than the USA? Do you think they somehow fooled the scientists and engineers in the USSR during the Cold War? Do you think they're somehow fooling the scientists and engineers in Iran or North Korea at the moment?
Given the fact that kids are indoctrinated with the globe earth and NASA has to know about the flat earth, yes I would say they are fooling quite a few scientists (at least the ones that aren't in on it like Neil Tyson and Bill Nye).  Look how easy it was to fool so many people about 9/11.

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2016, 08:38:54 PM »
tradosaurus is a nothing but a troll
I find that people who are uncomfortable in their belief system or have their belief system shaken resort to this word. 

Just let go of the ego and recognize what your senses tell you about the earth.   I had to and it wasn't easy.

Online JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2016, 08:40:43 PM »
I find that people who are uncomfortable in their belief system...

Definitely a troll.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2016, 08:43:33 PM »
Simply, the sun is less than 4,000 miles in diameter and much closer to earth (less than 10,000 miles).  The reason satellites don't see it is because satellites don't exist (google "satellite")

G'day Tradosaurus and welcome to Apollohoax.

Cool picture.

Looking at it, I have some questions.

Could you please explain how the flight time from Sydney (Australia) to Santiago (Chile) is less than double the time from London to New York (14 hours to 7.5 hours)?
Do people in Argentina and the USA see opposite sides of the Moon?
Why can't people in the southern hemisphere see Polaris? Why do we see different constellations at different latitudes?
If the Sun is always above the Earth, how is it that we see it pass below the horizon?

Cheers

Would you mind looking at the document called "200 Proofs the Earth is not Spinning ball" at http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html?
You can also watch it on youtube.  It answers those questions and has pictures to better explain it. 

Online JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2016, 08:46:42 PM »
Would you mind looking...

Sure, as soon as you post here the details about what you did to confirm each of the 200 claims.  "Go watch this video," or "Go read what someone else has said," is not an argument.  You might just as well say "This is the stuff I read and uncritically accepted to form my beliefs."  Or, since you're so fond of Mormon references, it's equivalent to someone telling you to go read the Book of Mormon when asked for proof that the Book of Mormon is true.

Sorry, you don't get to bog your critics down in lengthy presentations you're not willing to summarize or support here.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2016, 08:47:53 PM »
I find that people who are uncomfortable in their belief system or have their belief system shaken resort to this word. 

Just let go of the ego and recognize what your senses tell you about the earth.   I had to and it wasn't easy.
My senses and multiple repeatable experiments tell me the same thing the Greeks proved over 2,000 years ago.  The world is round and no amount of recent ignorance on the Internet will change that fact.

-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2016, 08:49:51 PM »
Would you mind looking at the document called "200 Proofs the Earth is not Spinning ball" at http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html?
You can also watch it on youtube.  It answers those questions and has pictures to better explain it.
I've looked at it before and found it hard to get through as it is filled with ignorance and lies.  Could you say in your own words what you found compelling? 
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline tradosaurus

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2016, 08:52:28 PM »
Would you mind looking...

Sure, as soon as you post here the details about what you did to confirm each of the 200 claims.  "Go watch this video," or "Go read what someone else has said," is not an argument.  You might just as well say "This is the stuff I read and uncritically accepted to form my beliefs."  Or, since you're so fond of Mormon references, it's equivalent to someone telling you to go read the Book of Mormon when asked for proof that the Book of Mormon is true.

Sorry, you don't get to bog your critics down in lengthy presentations you're not willing to summarize or support here.

As a famous president said "Facts are a stubborn thing". ;o)

Well this document I reference is not as length as the Book of Mormon and even has pictures.  The reason I posted the link is so others with the same or other questions can have a reference guide.  Much easier than me trying to educate everyone on this forum.  lol

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2016, 08:52:45 PM »
I want a new term. This is like a Gish Shoulder Roll -- a gallop that goes off in some orthogonal direction.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2016, 08:55:08 PM »

Well this document I reference is not as length as the Book of Mormon and even has pictures. The reason I posted the link is so others with the same or other questions can have a reference guide.  Much easier than me trying to educate everyone on this forum.  lol

Bolding mine.

Most of the forum-ites are capable of handling math. Somehow, it always seems to be the conspiracy believers and anti-science nuts who are only able to communicate in silly GIFs and YouTube links.

Adults can handle arguments of logic and substance.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2016, 08:56:58 PM »

Stick with Apollo, cat has set up a thread for your FE belief, but you are still a troll
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2016, 08:58:01 PM »
You were asked to provide a reputable source for your claim that NASA was founded by the Nazi party. Post the source or withdraw the claim

Connecting the dots is not acceptable.

Online JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2016, 09:01:35 PM »
As a famous president said "Facts are a stubborn thing"

And you were presented with the facts that dispute your belief.  You answered them simply with disbelief.

Well this document I reference is not as length as the Book of Mormon and even has pictures.

Irrelevant.  If you are unwilling to summarize first what you found compelling about it, you may not require your critics to read it as a condition of debate with you.