Author Topic: Bart Sibrel and Patrick Bet-David - 2021 Interview  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
Bart Sibrel and Patrick Bet-David - 2021 Interview
« on: June 24, 2024, 04:23:29 PM »

Bart recites his usual wall of words and seems to have few clues about providing a good interview by letting the interviewer comment or ask questions more frequently.

I was surprised to see Bart's old photo of tree shadows crossing a road. He has added two yellow arrows that look like they might be parallel, but are not exactly, and the shadows converge more than the arrows. This might be hard for some people to see, so here's how to check:

Pause the video at about 6:30 and carefully lay the straight edges of two pieces of paper along the centres of each of the shadows. Bring one piece of paper up from the bottom and the other down from the top. Take into account the rise of the seal in the middle of the road (which causes a bow in the shadows) by using the lower and higher parts of the shadows at each side of the road.

If done correctly you'll see how truthful and reliable Bart Sibrel is because the papers will converge near the right side of the photo.

The arrows are a little harder to check, but their slight convergence can be proved,
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 04:46:06 PM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline Ranb

• Mars
Re: Bart Sibrel and Patrick Bet-David - 2021 Interview
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 10:37:26 PM »
During covid I was bored and made a rebutal video of Sibrel's "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon".  I included a screenshot of the parallel shadows video.  Go to time 9:40 in the video.

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
Re: Bart Sibrel and Patrick Bet-David - 2021 Interview
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2024, 09:14:05 AM »
Good rebuttal Ranb.

When I first saw that photo of Bart's years ago, I was astonished at just how incompetent it was for someone who claims to be a video expert. Shadows crossing a road with its central hump and then running over some rubble and up a building are not a very good idea. But I guess Bart couldn't find any naturally parallel shadows on a flat surface, so took that particularly bad example and convinced himself that the shadows were parallel. I get the feeling that perhaps he doesn't even realise that he tells so many untruths about Apollo. He gets a few things right, but, as you've proved, he gets a lot more things wrong,

Here in New Zealand and now in the middle of winter, all we need to do to take a good photo that shows that sunlight shadows converge or diverge instead of being parallel, is find a rugby field that has the right lighting on the goalposts and shoot their shadows covering a large distance on a near-flat, grassed surface.
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)