Author Topic: And... where is the pilot?  (Read 49593 times)

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
Re: And... where is the pilot?
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2015, 09:00:52 PM »
Here is the thing that annoys me about that. If I, or you, or anyone were landing the first men on the moon, or the second, third, fourth etc, the last thing on my mind would be glad handing and taking selfies and patting one another on the back.
Yet they sometimes did take pictures of each other while in the LM on the moon, usually after a final EVA when all the important work was done and they had some film to spare:

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AS11-37-5528.jpg
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AS11-37-5531.jpg

and

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/a17evm20517-23.jpg
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/AS17-134-20530.jpg

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »
I like the one of Cernan, looks like s coal miner off shift.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2015, 10:37:55 PM »
Don't give the hoaxers any ideas.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2015, 10:42:04 PM »
Don't give the hoaxers any ideas.
As if they need any help.  Most all the stupid ideas have already been taken and debunked, .
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline tarkus

• Venus
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2015, 02:26:42 PM »
For fun:

lol knew this photo but this proves anything? What I see here is a man in a mock spaceship and illuminated with black background, nothing more.
I was talking about something else ...

Offline tarkus

• Venus
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2015, 02:31:07 PM »
..and, by the way, there are publicly available videos showing reentry. Go look for them.
That does not answer the question.

Offline tarkus

• Venus
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2015, 02:34:12 PM »
Instead of bringing more arguments, tarkus, why don't you answer questions that have been put to you already, such as how big the Earth will appear to be from 800,000km away? This is a simple question, and your evasion of it is getting silly now. If you cannot answer the question just say so.
Deflects the subject, I already answered that in astronomy can not do the trick of larger planets in the background while the size of the one in the foreground, you refuse remains to accept it is more due to their own foolishness than any other cause.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2015, 02:35:51 PM »
..and, by the way, there are publicly available videos showing reentry. Go look for them.
That does not answer the question.

Actually, it does. In case you have forgotten, this was the question:
Nor have no film records for maneuvering reentry, why?

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2015, 02:38:46 PM »
For fun:

lol knew this photo but this proves anything? What I see here is a man in a mock spaceship and illuminated with black background, nothing more.
I was talking about something else ...

I don't care :)

It's a photo of  human being at the controls of a lunar module, one of a series of photos that start with a very distant LM against the moon. A sequence that was also captured on 16mm footage.

Do try keeping your goalposts in the same place for a few minutes.

Offline tarkus

• Venus
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2015, 02:40:42 PM »
Why do astronauts have avoided driving show their spaceships? I do not remember seeing them at the controls of the shuttle ... and now that I think the Russians have also been reluctant to show how a spaceship driving.
Maybe it's because the (film, not video) cameras were mounted in the windows of the lunar modules, pointed outward?

Maybe it's because the Apollo missions were between 1969 and 1972, well before the GoPro camera?

As for your second claim, seek and ye shall find.

Shuttle:

Those were just the first four I found in a quick Youtube search.

Soyuz:

Again, just the first four.
I saw the first two videos of the Shuttle and the first of the Russians ... but I see only confined in any one compartment men talking or taking notes, I do not see any astronaut at the controls of a spaceship, something as seen in the Ship Photos my first post.
Nothing about reentry? only stories of dubious authenticity?

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2015, 02:48:17 PM »
I saw the first two videos of the Shuttle and the first of the Russians ... but I see only confined in any one compartment men talking or taking notes, I do not see any astronaut at the controls of a spaceship, something as seen in the Ship Photos my first post.

How dare the real world for not fitting into your child-like preconceptions. Perhaps this is what you were expecting?

Nothing about reentry? only stories of dubious authenticity?

Again, go and look for them.

By the way...you have questions to answer:
http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=864.msg34623#msg34623
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2015, 03:14:09 PM »
something as seen in the Ship Photos my first post.

In a way, it's actually quite sad to see a grown man displaying such unbelievable ignorance of how things work. And even sadder to see such a refusal to make any attempt to learn.
Tarkus, do you really believe that boosters are "flown" into orbit like a car is driven? Really?

Offline tarkus

• Venus
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2015, 03:16:04 PM »
We are all familiar with what it means to drive a car, truck and all kinds of carriages ...

[SNIP]

Ships, boats and submarines...

[SNIP]

Airplanes or helicopters ...

[SNIP]

A real shame that we could not see our intrepid space heroes performing this feat ... just trash film projected behind the triangular window:

??????????????????????

What information would be gained by seeing video of an astronaut flying the LM?

Watching the video of the LM landing gives us useful information about the surface of the Moon.
It would be useful to determine if they really went to the moon or simulated, since there is little convincing evidence that module flew anywhere, engines that do not show fire or make noise inside the LM was pressurized, therefore if air why not hear the engine, never?

We just have a dubious story about the greatest feat in the history of mankind, was to not spend movie?
Nor have no film records for maneuvering reentry, why? only are drawings or artistic interpretations.

Do you want video from inside the spacecraft or outside? If inside the spacecraft, what information would be gained by watching three astronauts sitting in their couches? If outside the spacecraft, exactly how do you expect the video to be recorded?
We have seen how the rocket Apollo separate phases in orbit, I see no reason not to do the same when re-entering the atmosphere or when you perform the landing, had become more credible such a strange scene with engines that do not make noise or expelled flar.

As others have shown, you need to look to find information.
Another one that repeats the same music ... "go get" it is NOT an answer but a confession that there is nothing to show.

Offline tarkus

• Venus
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2015, 03:19:30 PM »
I thought we had reached some sort of limit for The Stupid, but I have learned from reading the rantings and ravings of this thread's OP, is that The Stupid knows no bounds. Like the Universe, it is unlimited in its extent.
YOU ARE ONLY YOU INSULTS, BETTER LEAVE AT LEAST TRY OTHER MORE EDUCATION, CLOWN.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2015, 03:20:26 PM »

It would be useful to determine if they really went to the moon or simulated, since there is little convincing evidence that module flew anywhere, engines that do not show fire or make noise inside the LM was pressurized, therefore if air why not hear the engine, never?

And yet the 16mm footage that does exist shows, in every landing, small rocks and craters visible in images from modern probes but not known about before the mission.

Another one that repeats the same music ... "go get" it is NOT an answer but a confession that there is nothing to show.

Nope, it's just that people aren't prepared to do things you're too lazy or incompetent to do yourself.

The footage you demanded exists, go find it.