Author Topic: Shenzhou 7?  (Read 165367 times)

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
Re: Shenzhou 7?
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2012, 03:54:37 AM »
Applause from me too - you guys said it all very succinctly and patiently (skills I don't always possess..)

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2012, 05:28:29 AM »
Thank you both.

And, Vincent, you may want to keep in mind the fact that Andromeda has degrees in physics, so when she assesses our comments regarding the physics of the situation as excellent, that carries some weight.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2012, 06:52:18 AM »
Thank you both.

And, Vincent, you may want to keep in mind the fact that Andromeda has degrees in physics, so when she assesses our comments regarding the physics of the situation as excellent, that carries some weight.

*Takes a bow*
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »
Jason, you're quite a lucky guy.  I'm just throwing that out there.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2012, 01:41:34 PM »
Jason, you're quite a lucky guy.  I'm just throwing that out there.

He knows.  I tell him so every day.   ;D
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2012, 02:39:03 PM »
Something tells me Vincent won't post back until he really carries out that underwater test.
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.” -- Kahlil Gibran

My blog about life, universe, and everything: http://solusl.blogspot.com/

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2012, 03:22:31 PM »
Something tells me Vincent won't post back until he really carries out that underwater test.

Or at least not until he thinks we've forgotten about this thread.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2012, 03:22:55 PM »
What he's forgotten is that we have long memories around here.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2012, 03:43:31 PM »
No, no. I've been very busy responding to other things on my time on the internet -- which has been very little to say the least. I was gone all day yesterday and the day before and I've been building a spacecraft simulator.

As for Shenzhou 7, I will say this. It is my belief that the space walk was not real. I have seen evidence for things that simply look exactly like it was shot underwater. That being said, I will leave it at that until I have conducted an experiment to prove my point. I am simply waiting for my friend's GoPro to be back in action again.
"It looks better now, Al. What change did you make?"
"I just hit it on the top with my hammer."

-Mission Control and Alan Bean on Apollo 12 after the TV camera failed.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2012, 04:29:25 PM »
Well I'm glad that a bunch of more experienced people telling you it looks nothing like underwater and is not in fact remotely suspect in appearance means absolutely nothing. Glad we didn't waste our time then...

Did you even read and understand our responses?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2012, 04:44:51 PM »
Oh, also, the Moonwalk the astronauts did has always been cool.

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2012, 04:45:52 PM »
As for the Earth and the Sun, I will say this.  It is my belief that the Sun revolves around the Earth.  I have seen evidence for the motion of the sun that simply looks exactly like it's revolving around the Earth.  That being said, I will leave it at that until I have conducted an experiment to prove my point.  I am simply waiting for my friend's Geocentric Simulator to be back in action again.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:48:03 PM by SolusLupus »
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.” -- Kahlil Gibran

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2012, 06:18:27 PM »
Well I'm glad that a bunch of more experienced people telling you it looks nothing like underwater and is not in fact remotely suspect in appearance means absolutely nothing. Glad we didn't waste our time then...
Did you even read and understand our responses?

Yes, I read them, but I believe you are DEFINITELY wrong. It donned on me last night when I was in the pool, actually. I noticed that the legs of my swim trunks were moving and oscillating back and forth when I achieved perfect neutral buoyancy to the point where they were moving back and forth for up to a minute. Especially if I moved them myself, they would continue to swing back and forth until I came back up to the surface or ruined my neutral buoyancy. Essentially, this proves that a flag CAN move back and forth without stopping simply by flicking your hand underwater. I imagine that speeding up the footage would make the movement even MORE visible.

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »
Well, it's nice to know that China are so inept (because they're ignorant commies, of course), that they can stage a huge hoax that any kid in his back yard could spot (but all the experts, for some reason, can't), building the command module and the rocket and everything just to fake it all...

Sure sounds efficient.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2012, 06:21:40 PM »
Also, maybe the tether did move from shape memory, but this doesn't explain Zhai's legs flying up when he is not even moving. A human being's legs don't want to fly up relative to the camera just because. If you don't believe me, watch the bodily control the astronauts doing ISS spacewalks can achieve. Parts of their body don't just float against their will. Zhai, on the other hand, shows us the exact opposite. This kind of "floating leg" visual is often what happens to you underwater. Try it. Don't achieve neutral buyoancy, just go down to the bottom of the pool and hold onto something. Your legs and the back of your body will try to fly up towards the surface. In space, this is not AT ALL the case.