Author Topic: LRO photos show ascent stage still on the ground?  (Read 128706 times)

Offline Tedward

• Mars
Re: LRO photos show ascent stage still on the ground?
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2012, 03:21:13 AM »

I said before, that I don't spend hours a day on this site, but I will post questions, including a specific one which involves the NASA website, and which Andromeda (rather childishly, I might add, considering her unjustifiably inflated opinion of herself) has placed a bet on.  You will all regard this as another 'rant', but what I have said here is very important - if you want to advance belief in the Apollo programme. If it was so uncontested around the world, this site wouldn't exist, would it?

So what is it going to be? Are you all going to post a flurry of comments advising me to 'get on with it'? I'll say it again: "I'll post my questions when I have the time to do so." The question regarding NASA's image is very lengthy and will require some time to type. As one of your more astute members said to other members: "Relax". The very fact that you are paying me so much attention, proves how few hoax believers actually visit or sign up on this site.  I have incidentally, accepted the reasons given for no dust being visible on the LM's footpads, proving many members wrong in their assumptions of me.

Nevertheless, as you are all 'frothing at the mouth', (something which I sincerely hope is addressed in the near future and minimised), I will post my NASA website image related question within the next 48 hours. I hope it can and will be explained. If you would prefer me not to post any other questions, inform me thereof. I will simply continue disbelieving, and posting my views on other sites and forums. It's up to you.

I remember watching a showman at work in at a fair once. Excellent the way he kept the crowd on the edge of its toes waiting for the ride that was to come. I cannot remember the crack he used as the gates opened but with a warm titter at the final words from the showman the crowd fell forward to the ride that was now ready. His job was to entertain the crowd whilst the ride was reset. From what I remember of the ride, wall of death type thingy, it was OK I suppose. But I remember the showman, not what he was girding us for.

Same here, the waffle so far is outstripping what you may be about to provide. You have it, or you do not. I think you do not. The time taken to type this up there would have been the question days ago (though I suspect you can copy it from what you have).

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2012, 03:22:18 AM »
After I posted my first question, which was IMMEDIATELY after I joined up incidentally, I received a few comments which I thought were uncalled for,

Such as what? Immediately after your first post you got a bunch of answers poitning out the flaws in your assumptions about billowing dust. Was that uncalled for?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2012, 03:31:44 AM »
The people on this forum are some of the nicest people I know. If they are impatient, well ,they have good reason to be.
So please, I am asking you, at least present part of your argument. If you are trying to make yourself and your case look bad with this incessant, long winded, dilly dallying, well, you are eminently succeeding.
Otherwise leave, just leave; you are wasting all of our, including your own, time.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:33:39 AM by raven »

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2012, 04:43:58 AM »
The way it went on the dust thread was this.

You asked a question which was based around an incorrect expectation.

The flaws in your expectation were pointed out to you.

You responded by calling some members stupid.

It went downhill from there.

It is true that years of dealing with HB types has meant we tend to take an attitude towards HBs a primary school teacher might take to one of her pupils. Our level of condescension is directly related to the degree of bravado the HB arrives with. I'd say you arrived with a somewhat average level.

But you fired the first ad hominem so it's a bit rich for you to complain about a spiral of incivility.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2012, 04:44:52 AM »
GET ON WITH IT!!

GET ON WITH IT.

You know what?

He won't... He won't because he can't.

He has nothing to add that hasn't been added before, and no question to ask that has not been asked before.

In short, he brings nothing new to the table. He's just another fruit-loop Hoax Believer, exhibiting the same patterns we see from them over and over.

He's trying to play games... well I'm not playing them any more. I will not answer or respond to any more of his posts on this thread until he asks a bona-fide question to do with Apollo.   
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2012, 05:21:06 AM »
Wow, Edwardwb1001.  You really are behaving very childishly for someone who threw such (attempted) insults at me. 

I didn't quote you from YouTube at all - I provided links to videos you had commented on.  Jason pulled up particular comments.  Here is a simple way to tell us apart - one if us is J-A-S-O-N and the other one is A-N-D-R-O-M-E-D-A.

Also, if you are going to correct other people's spelling and grammar, I think you meant "principal" argument rather than "principle".

I'll just leave this here:

Counting down to the banhammer in 5... 4...
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline DataCable

• Earth
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2012, 05:23:14 AM »
What is the purpose of a site purporting to debunk hoax claims, but there are few comments from hoax believers?
If they cannot take criticism of their pet theories and storm off in a huff, throw a tantrum in order to get banned, and/or attempt to delete all of their posts, that's not our problem, it's theirs.

You do want to convert hoax believers, do you not?
They have to want to convert.  If all they want to do is present their pet theories and be placated, there is little we can do to change their minds for them.

I would like answers, which so far I am getting
Yes, when you actually ask questions.

if you want to advance belief in the Apollo programme.
We want to advance an accurate understanding of the Apollo program's technical and historical details, which many distribute falsehoods about.

If it was so uncontested around the world, this site wouldn't exist, would it?
If ignorance weren't the default state, schools wouldn't exist.

The question regarding NASA's image is very lengthy and will require some time to type.
As did this post, it would seem.

If you would prefer me not to post any other questions, inform me thereof.
On the contrary, it would seem most of the responses you have received are quite eager for your questions, rather than just promises of questions.

I will simply continue disbelieving, and posting my views on other sites and forums. It's up to you.
This sounds suspiciously like a "take my ball and go home" threat, under the assumption that your metaphorical ball is the sole object of our interest.
Bearer of the highly coveted "I Found Venus In 9 Apollo Photos" sweatsocks.

"you data is still open for interpretation, after all a NASA employee might of wipe a booger or dropped a hair on it" - showtime

DataCable2015 A+

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2012, 07:39:16 AM »
I'll send the question as a PM to a member who is a least civil and not as demanding (and childish), and I hope it can and will be explained to me. But that will be it.

Oh, how convenient for you. You'll hide away your discussion of this important question where no-one can see it and where you will therefore not be held to any public accoutability for your response.

Pathetic. If your question is so critical why are you afraid to put it out in public?

Agreed.  Whoever this specially-selected person is, I hope they copy and paste Edwardwb1001's message for all to see.  That is, after all, how a forum works.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Nowhere Man

• Venus
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »
Hey, you!  "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has."  "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »
There are however, a few points which I will mention over my next few posts which have not (according to my viewpoint) been satisfactorily answered, some of which do not involve physics in any form.  Perhaps they will be answered here.

Several posts have come and gone and we still have no substantive contribution, only badgering about manners and promises that you will one day get to your point. And three days later we only have a vague promise you will get to your  point. 

I will post my NASA website image related question within the next 48 hours. I hope it can and will be explained.

Edward, this may be a new place to you, but you have come to a community with a long history.  It is a standard conspiracist trick to walk into a community with a special pleading that the long agreed to ways operating need to be modified just this time.  The claims of mistreatment are frequently a ploy to change the terms of the debate by cajoling members into being conciliatory and allow the hoax believer to  shift the burden of proof from away from the hoax claim.   Whether this is your intent or not is irrelevant because it has happened often enough that we simply do not let newcomers adjust the term of the discussion.  This section of this forum is designed for hoax related discussion, take complaints to the general discussion section, where they may get a better reception, and get on with your points about an Apollo hoax.

ETA:  In the lower right corner of each post, there is a link that says "Report to Moderator"  if you feel you are being mistreated, please make use of that link rather than publicly whining about it. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:07:49 AM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
Edward,

As you know, I initially rejected your registration here. I rejected it because your information (email address, username, and IP address) made me suspect that you might be either a spammer, a troll, or a sockpuppet of someone who had been banned previously. I don't normally tolerate any of those three things here, but at the request of one of the other members I gave you a second chance. Now you're making me regret giving you that second chance because you're proving that my suspicions were correct.

You don't like being grouped with the other hoax believers, and you don't believe we can predict your behaviour before you even act. But it's true... the vocal hoax theorists are all the same. You all come in here with guns blazing, insulting the other members of the forum, and then act like the victim when people are slightly rude to you in return. And you never actually provide the proof that Apollo was faked that you claim to have.

Prove us wrong. Stop following the same script as all of the other hoax believers and actually make your arguments that you believe will prove Apollo was a hoax. Show us that you actually believe that and aren't just trying to provoke us.

GET ON WITH IT!

But before you do, I expect you to apologize to all of the people you have insulted.

Consider this your first official warning. If you don't heed it then I will place you under moderation and all of your future posts will require my approval before they appear in the forum. I'm sure you don't want that, I'm pretty busy and may not get around to approving your posts for hours (or possibly days).
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2012, 10:11:39 AM »
Hear, hear, LunarOrbit.

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »
Not quite playing out as you hoped, Eddie?  :D

oh, and..

get on with it.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2012, 05:57:14 PM »
I'm patiently waiting for the debate to begin.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »
Edward, the problem is, most of us just want to have a discussion on Apollo. We don't want to have to jump through hoops, or have meta-discussions about how we should address you. And we thought that you wanted to discuss Apollo as well. If not, why did you come here?

I won't tell you to get on with it. But I will say, I wish that Hoax proponents in general would spend more time talking about what they consider to be serious points than in giving us teasers about what they will, perhaps, one day tell us.