Author Topic: Film Outgassing  (Read 858 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Film Outgassing
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2024, 04:03:44 PM »
The Corona photo reconnaissance satellites, unlike their Zenit counterparts in the USSR, were not pressurized and utilized film. If outgassing was an intractable issue, they also would have been affected.

That's what the super thin Estar base and SO-135 emulsion were designed for. The degree and rate of outgassing depends on the amount of material present. The trick was for them to outgas rapidly and completely early in the mission, before it became an operational constraint.

The lunar surface Hasselblad magazines were kept in the MESA, and were not sealed. There was a darkslide, but that is not gas tight. The magazines had 80 hours or so in hard vacuum to acclimate and complete their outgassing prior to being used.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2024, 07:55:11 PM »
I was curious about the "Apollo Detectives" a somewhat new group for me.  Well I Googled it and found a video discussing in part the same "issue" that we are discussing here.  Who are the "Apollo Detectives"?  In the video, an email from them lists Marcus Allen @17:44, Scott (AKA Glenn) Henderson and a third individual who I didn't write down in this ~hour video.

Seems like the Grifter Allen is back to his old tricks.  Anyway, the video gives a lot of information on the camera and film and the deceptions that the "Apollo Detectives"
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2024, 10:41:21 PM »
Yep, Dave McKeegan's videos are very good!
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2024, 05:56:56 PM »
The Corona photo reconnaissance satellites, unlike their Zenit counterparts in the USSR, were not pressurized and utilized film. If outgassing was an intractable issue, they also would have been affected.

Therefore, those images were also obviously faked.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2024, 09:55:37 AM »
I should add that the air museum where I sometimes volunteer has a bunch of old high-altitude cameras. Right now they're being restored to go into the collection alongside our SR-71 and our U-2. But one of them came with a magazine that had some old thin Estar base reconnaissance film still in it. It's amazing how absolutely thin and flimsy this stuff is compared to traditional film. It feels thinner than the material in a chips/crisps package.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams