Author Topic: Brilliant debunk video of hoax claims - HBs take note (if you can)  (Read 94543 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Brilliant debunk video of hoax claims - HBs take note (if you can)
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2013, 12:46:49 PM »
No, the burden of proof is on you.  For over 100,000 years, nobody went to the moon.  One day, the govt says we went to the moon.  40 years later, nobody else has been to the moon.  Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. 

The most nonsensical thing you've posted so far (and that's going some).
For over 3.5 million years of human evolution no-one invented motor cars. is it your contention that auto-mobiles are fake too?

It didn't know where the CM was in relation to the LEM.  And you couldn't do an IMU alignment on the moon because there was no survey marker there!!!
Why do you think that the LM (not the LEM as you insist on calling it) needed to know where the CSM was when on the surface?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2013, 12:47:59 PM »
And good luck solving the problem about the IMU alignment on the moon.  Until you solve it, you didn't go to the moon.  And you won't solve it because it didn't happen.  Sayonara.

So your leaving before being banned? How "brave" of you.

Like I previously posted...no one here cares what your ignorant opinion is.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2013, 12:51:05 PM »

That would be the LEM IMU update using a theodolite and a survey point to convert to lunar units.  The LEM doesn't know where it is or what it's alignment is on the moon, not the least of which was caused by Armstrong's manual landing of the vehicle.  The big problem is that there's no survey marker because somebody would need to have been to the moon previously to put it there.  Saturn 5 had a glass window with a poro prism so you could see the IMU and the center of inertial reference and tell the guidance computer where the IMU is located in geodetic earth coordinates (to 5 decimal places.)  It takes a guy on the pad with a theodolite and a plumb bob.  They do this repeatedly up to the moment of launch.  When lifting off from the moon, both the LEM and the CM would need to be running on moon coordinates so that the CM (moving much faster than a speeding bullet) could tell the LEM it's coordinates and velocity (state vector).  And the LEM would need moon coordinates to know how to maneuver for rendezvous using it's known position and alignment on the moon, and calculating the intercept point in moon coordinates.   There's no way around it.  They would not have been able to do an IMU alignment on the moon.

Blimey...this all sounds familiar, now doesn't it? ::)

What's your thoughts on the Lunar Laser Ranging Reflector and the Lick Observatory???  ;) ;)  (don't bother with a response....we already know it)
No, I insist on answering.  The laser reflector has to be one of NASA's funniest jokes on the sheeple.   
1) the Russian's were bouncing lasers off the moon before Apollo 11. 
2) when you shoot a laser to the moon, the beam is affected by the atmosphere and only 1/30,000,000 of the light hits the reflector
3) on return to earth, only 1/30,000,000 of the reflected light can hit the detector,
4) the beam coming back to earth is spread across an area of over 63 square miles 
5) the amount of light hitting the detector on earth from the moon reflector is 1 divided by 30 million divided by 30 million.
6)  how do you point the laser at the moon reflector when you can't see anything that small on the moon?
7)  if all that works, you're still only getting a couple photons coming in.  How do you know your couple photons from the 50 million ambient photons coming from the very bright moon?  A photon is a photon.
8)  it's a total joke.
http://physics.ucsd.edu/~tmurphy/apollo/basics.html

Because they couldn't possibly have photons of a certain frequency.  Yes, you can bounce a laser without a reflector but the return is weaker and more diffuse.  With the reflector it is much more precise.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2013, 12:56:00 PM »
When was I wrong about the LM guidance?

Well, right off the bat, you referred to the LM as the LEM.

That was a dead givaway that you were clueless
On that note, I'm outta here.  LEM vs LM?  You're serious, aren't you?  Wow!!! I guess I am clueless.  Goodbye.  And good luck solving the problem about the IMU alignment on the moon.  Until you solve it, you didn't go to the moon.  And you won't solve it because it didn't happen.  Sayonara.

Translation:  Darn!  Outed again!  I'm taking my toys and going home!  You guys are mean!
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »
On that note, I'm outta here.  LEM vs LM?  You're serious, aren't you?  Wow!!! I guess I am clueless.  Goodbye.  And good luck solving the problem about the IMU alignment on the moon.  Until you solve it, you didn't go to the moon.  And you won't solve it because it didn't happen.  Sayonara.

I feel disappointed by the quality of this flounce. I expected better.
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2013, 01:04:51 PM »
Oh well, I guess Alex didn't have much flounce per ounce. I denounce his account on all counts.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »

Aaaand the Golden Flounce Award goes to...

C'mon Alex/Fattydash/PatrickT don't go. We were having such fun.....
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2013, 01:08:31 PM »
Oh come now, gold? Bronze at best. ::)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2013, 01:09:04 PM »
On that note, I'm outta here.

Yikes!  Caught red-handed, were you?

And good luck solving the problem about the IMU alignment on the moon.

Any reason you don't feel like paying attention to the solution as actually documented and actually used?  Any reason your ignorance should be considered the gold standard?
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2013, 01:10:37 PM »
And good luck solving the problem about the IMU alignment on the moon

You must be one of those really, really stupid hoax believers that think there is no gravity on the Moon because the LM's IMU was aligned using, wait for it........ gravity!

Yes, there is gravity on the Moon. And the accelerometers in the IMU can measure it! Throw gyroscopes into the equation and the IMU can determine which way is down. Using the AOT to sight a star allowed alignment in all three axes.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2013, 01:23:26 PM »
6)  how do you point the laser at the moon reflector when you can't see anything that small on the moon?

Your personal incredulity is not persuasive.  Many people have personally witnessed it done at the McDonald Observatory in West Texas and other locations.  One way is to use your telescope control system.   Tell it to center on a certain place on the moon.  Its internal model of the sky can understand where the moon is and the servos will move the scope.  I've seen this done with amateur and small professional telescopes. The computing power needed is trivial. 

7)  if all that works, you're still only getting a couple photons coming in.  How do you know your couple photons from the 50 million ambient photons coming from the very bright moon?  A photon is a photon.

Your personal incredulity is not persuasive. When photons of the expected characteristics are detected in statistically significant amounts at the expected time following a laser pulse directed at the reflectors, they are reflected from the moon.  If you have another hypothesis to explain the experimental results, we are all ears. 

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 01:27:31 PM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2013, 01:24:09 PM »

Given his "history" here, I doubt we've seen the last of him...

Offline cos

• Venus
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2013, 01:25:46 PM »
And for the third time for you to ignore read this book

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=3fKzL0HfJp4C&pg=PA287&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=4#v=onepage&q&f=false

It explains all about lunar rendezvous and that extract should be a sizeable revalation as to how it was done. Of course it involves reading and comprehension. So probably best you ignore it so you can continue claiming that no one can tell you how it was done. Stick to mending bicycles.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2013, 01:28:17 PM »

Given his "history" here, I doubt we've seen the last of him...

It's funny, isn't it? You would have thought that he'd have grown out of playing knock-a-door-run when he was about 8?
Strange individual...

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »
Oh come now, gold? Bronze at best. ::)

There's not been that much competition lately. Heiwa seems to have given up posting (stealth flounce???), even though he was logged on today. Eternidad's flounce was rubbish.

Flouncing aint what it used to be. The quality's been poor since DAKDAK imploded in such spectacular fashion....