Author Topic: Uh oh! Jarrah's mad at SG Collins!  (Read 55660 times)

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
Re: Uh oh! Jarrah's mad at SG Collins!
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2013, 08:02:09 AM »
I dont know. Should I even bother investing time and effort into explaining how a certain other Australian is the biggest spin doctor to walk the face of the earth?

The MO is simple. "If you cant baffle them with brains, baffle them with BS". He goes off on every which way to explain how maybe-possibly-he-doesnt-really-know it may have been faked. Funny, in all the 500+ documents I have pertaining to contracted procurement of the TV systems on Apollo and beyond, no mention is made of half the devices and companies our mate has conjured up. Why?

PS. If you look at the references, no mention is made of "Live TV From the Moon". No wonder he gets so much wrong.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:32:34 AM by dwight »
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2013, 08:36:52 AM »
I had to stop that at 1.45. Already there he was going down the dishonest route.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2013, 08:54:05 AM »
I had to stop that at 1.45. Already there he was going down the dishonest route.

1.45 seconds is more than enough to realise he's being dishonest.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2013, 10:13:49 AM »
Man, the guy just can't admit fault at all. Rather than acknowledge the 36mm/16mm snafu, he first accuses SG of Strawman and then back pedals. How cowardly is that for intellectual dishonesty?

As he keeps finding himself in a position of not having clearly expressed himself, would it not be advisable to start implementing a regime of checking that he says what he means with no opportunity for misunderstandings to occur in the first place?? Or is that too much to ask seeing how much it undermines his modus operandi of ensuring he always come out on top?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:15:24 AM by dwight »

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2013, 11:16:11 AM »
They shot it in black & white and then colorized it! Of course! No one would ever notice that!
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2013, 11:36:54 AM »
Yeah. I still dont know how they could have shot at 45 or 66 or 541 frames a second and still maintain the 2 field artifacting of Red Blue or Green in the 29.97 color matrixed signal. I am constantly amazed all the wonderous technical things NASA could do excepting of course to land on the moon

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2013, 01:23:13 PM »
They shot it in black & white and then colorized it! Of course! No one would ever notice that!

Boy, that would have made Roger so mad . . . .

For the record, I don't know if I mentioned it here, but Roger Ebert told me about two years ago that he thought that what we do here is good and noble and important.  Fighting back against hoax believers?  He approved.  Now, if only someone could have convinced him about JFK . . . .
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2013, 02:26:18 PM »
Apparently JW is the only super genius who cant tell the blatant difference between sd video and 16mm film. And blind freddy could tell that the sstv of Apollo 11 is video sourced.

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2013, 05:11:41 PM »
Did you have to?

No.

As disciplined as I like to believe I am, I don't seem to have much success in looking away from freeway accidents either.

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2013, 05:12:28 PM »

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2013, 05:16:13 PM »
jw;dw

;D

Teach me.

Simple, whenever you feel the need to listen to his gentle soothing voice, look at this picture instead:

Has exactly the same effect on me.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »
Ahhh the sound of angels singing...

Offline ejstans

• Mercury
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2013, 04:04:06 AM »
Apparently JW is the only super genius who cant tell the blatant difference between sd video and 16mm film. And blind freddy could tell that the sstv of Apollo 11 is video sourced.
But how easily would one discriminate between sd video directly capturing a scene vs sd video capturing a projection of a film capture of the scene?
"Fake can...fake can be just as good."

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2013, 04:43:15 AM »
Each method of capture has its own unique artifacts. Combining them produces a whole extra set of artifacts. Maybe there are many people who wouldn't be able to tell, but there are a large number who would.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2013, 05:47:39 AM »
Seen some funny ones over the years with digital.

Not really looked at this last effort from jw (I did try). Assuming the reference a few posts up is on analogue and "SD" refers to standard definition (not SDI)? Really need to see the formats and changes I would have thought?

A thread a while ago on the camera was very interesting and I learned quite a bit there and the film would fit the camera (that is the recorded record). The path of the light into the camera to earth is there. It is doable. Now he invents a method to fit his stance. Instead of conning money for the moon shot he can devote his loot to buying up this kit and proving it.