Author Topic: Apollo 13  (Read 169646 times)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: Apollo 13
« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2013, 05:21:33 AM »
MindKontrol  ULTRA.

Thing is, MKUltra did some real damage to real people. It wasn't just a CT BS story like Majestic 12.

MKUltra was real

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2013, 09:30:09 AM »
Still no answer. OK. Main thing is that my observation that three days in tinfoil and no climate control in deep space IS a new observation has been confirmed. I just wanted to make sure I was the first to point that out. Thanks, guys.

By the way, Allan, you're not the first Apollo hoax believer to claim something was fishy about Apollo 13.  Heck, there was a thread on BABB a dozen years ago where one guy claimed it should have been much hotter inside the vehicles, but he stubbornly refused to consider the thermodynamic realities involved.

The point of this is to illustrate your lack of familiarity with the Apollo record and the staleness of the hoax claims in general.  And the point of that is to try to get you to think about your attitude of certainty that you are right and everyone here who disagrees with you is wrong, deluded, or "evil".

How about it?  Are you willing to learn something?

Offline Laurel

• Earth
« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2013, 07:25:52 PM »
Thing is, MKUltra did some real damage to real people. It wasn't just a CT BS story like Majestic 12.

MKUltra was real

Yes, and that's why it's so offensive to call people MKUltra victims just because they don't agree with you. It trivializes the suffering of actual MKUltra victims.
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2013, 07:41:56 PM »
That's . . . putting it mildly. :o

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2013, 09:55:07 PM »
MindKontrol  ULTRA.

MKUltra was real

Well, sure. But aren't most CT's based on actual events that the woos have built up, basically, urban legends around?
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2013, 09:59:55 PM »
MindKontrol  ULTRA.

MKUltra was real

Quite awhile ago, someone pointed out to hunchbacked that the statements he made about the astronauts just acting out the lunar missions didn't make sense as the way their voices sounded pretty convincing that they were actually experiencing something real and incredible. That's when he made the first claim I know of that obviously they were under the influence of drugs and/or mind control. He cited the fact that the CIA had been performing experiments so of course that's good enough for him to state his opinion as a a fact rather then some crazy conspiracy theory.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:52:20 PM by mako88sb »

Offline Laurel

• Earth
« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2013, 11:09:48 PM »
Quite awhile ago, someone pointed out to hunchbacked that the statements he made about the astronauts just acting out the lunar missions didn't make sense as the way their voices sounded was pretty convincing that they were actually experiencing something real and incredible. That's when he made the first claim I know of that obviously they were under the influence of drugs and/or mind control. He cited the fact that the CIA had been performing experiments so of course that's good enough for him to state his opinion as a a fact rather then some crazy conspiracy theory.
He wasn't the first to make this claim. In 1996, Bill Kaysing called Jim Lovell a "comic Manchurian Candidate" who was "either brainwashed, hypnotized, programmed or whatever to present this spurious story of having gone to the moon."
http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/07.25.96/moon-9630.html
"Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars, and I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car..."
Bruce Springsteen

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guruâ„¢
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #262 on: October 20, 2013, 01:07:34 AM »
He wasn't the first to make this claim. In 1996, Bill Kaysing called Jim Lovell a "comic Manchurian Candidate" who was "either brainwashed, hypnotized, programmed or whatever to present this spurious story of having gone to the moon."

Is that the same Bill Kaysing that tried to sue Lovell for calling him "wacky"?  ::)

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #263 on: October 20, 2013, 02:19:30 AM »

Is that the same Bill Kaysing that tried to sue Lovell for calling him "wacky"?  ::)
Dear gods, is there more than one?! :o
But yes, most certainly. It's like the pot calling a recently polished kettle black, no?

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #264 on: October 20, 2013, 11:28:26 AM »

MKUltra was real

Yes, and that's why it's so offensive to call people MKUltra victims just because they don't agree with you. It trivializes the suffering of actual MKUltra victims.

I just find the idea of claiming that such tactics would be used to populate a small message board is completely ridiculous.  Surely the OP wasn't serious, I figured he was just lashing out.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #265 on: October 20, 2013, 12:51:15 PM »
I just find the idea of claiming that such tactics would be used to populate a small message board is completely ridiculous.  Surely the OP wasn't serious, I figured he was just lashing out.

Sadly, after having looked at his website, I think you're giving him too much credit.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #266 on: October 20, 2013, 03:32:21 PM »
Allancw, I see that you visited this thread this morning. Care to comment?
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline allancw

• Venus
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »
Atomicdog: Nothing better to do than keep track of my Net wanderings? Why not leave that to your associates at NSA?

A related subject: Yes, I was drawn back by amazement at the man-hours/tax dollars expended here...

Try this:

One reply I can picture: 'Since Bean was totally ignorant of the VARB, it's only logical that he would be totally ignorant about the functioning of his spacecraft...' Might work...

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #268 on: October 20, 2013, 08:10:30 PM »
My associates at the NSA?  Bwa-ha ha ha! I'm a semi-retired flea market booth owner who has to sell off his comic book collection to make ends meet! That's why I have so much time to follow your meanderings here.
  You interested in some 80s Wolverines, near mint?
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #269 on: October 20, 2013, 08:23:22 PM »
Atomicdog: Nothing better to do than keep track of my Net wanderings? Why not leave that to your associates at NSA?

A related subject: Yes, I was drawn back by amazement at the man-hours/tax dollars expended here...
Have any proof that ANY money is spent here?  I'll bet you don't.  All you have is paranoia.

it is truly a mark of a desperate person when they claim all their opponents are paid to oppose them. 

As for the LM, I don't have complete knowledge of its thermal control (though undoubtedly far more than you) but I would think that its final state is going to depend on multiple things.  First you have time.  Eventually the LM will reach an equilibrium.  With its outside surface being reflective that won't happen immediately and may very likely get colder before it gets hotter.  Unlike you I'm willing to be corrected on this though.  What also occurs to me is that Apollo 13 suffered a total power failure while Bean was talking about JUST a loss of climate control.  Heat in the LM came from more than just the climate control.  IIRC all the other machinery put out quite a bit of heat.  If those are still on but the climate control is not then it would get hotter.  If everything was off it would likely get colder.  Of course you could figure this all out yourself if you bothered to do the slightest bit of research.  That would involve more than doing a ctrl-f in sources handed to you though.  It would involve actual effort and understanding and frankly I doubt you'll put forward either.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 08:30:43 PM by frenat »
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.