Author Topic: Apollo XIII-inconsistences  (Read 160476 times)

Offline tarkus

• Venus
Re: Apollo XIII-inconsistences
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2015, 01:43:05 PM »

Haise is holding the camera. Think 'video selfie'
Haise making a selfie?  :o cell phones did not exist in 1970 ... but if what you suggest is that made a selfie with a Hasselblad, with one hand and without looking at the camera because ... it's the strangest selfie I've seen in my life, Haise also must have an arm of at least 1 meter long, if one follows the sequence is clear that the scene was filmed by a fourth man, certainly in a study.

Offline tarkus

• Venus
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2015, 01:45:51 PM »

tarkus, in case it hasn't been made readily apparent to you, you are speaking to people here who have an intimate and extensive knowledge of how these spacecraft were designed and operated.  You are also speaking in some cases to professional photographers who understand with similar skill how objects are seen when arranged relative to the viewer.  In light of that, I agree with Jason Thompson:  you are going to have to show a lot more work than simply declaring the objects in these photos must be as you say they are.
http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/index.php/logical-fallacies/21-appeal-to-authority

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2015, 01:49:41 PM »
Haise making a selfie?  :o cell phones did not exist in 1970

Why do you think you need a cell phone to make a selfie? People have been taking pictures of themselves with cameras since they were small enough to hold in one hand and click. I've done it myself many times.

... but if what you suggest is that made a selfie with a Hasselblad, with one hand and without looking at the camera because ... it's the strangest selfie I've seen in my life,

He was using a 16mm movie camera, not a Hasselblad. The Hasselblad was the camera used to take the still images on 70mm film.

Haise also must have an arm of at least 1 meter long,

Based on what? How much do you know about the focal length of the camera and the effect of the lens?

if one follows the sequence is clear that the scene was filmed by a fourth man, certainly in a study.

Prove it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:03:41 PM by Jason Thompson »
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2015, 01:50:44 PM »

tarkus, in case it hasn't been made readily apparent to you, you are speaking to people here who have an intimate and extensive knowledge of how these spacecraft were designed and operated.  You are also speaking in some cases to professional photographers who understand with similar skill how objects are seen when arranged relative to the viewer.  In light of that, I agree with Jason Thompson:  you are going to have to show a lot more work than simply declaring the objects in these photos must be as you say they are.
http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/index.php/logical-fallacies/21-appeal-to-authority

No, you don't get to claim it's a fallacy when the authority being appealed to is precisely the relevant one for the discussion.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2015, 01:51:21 PM »

Haise making a selfie?  :o cell phones did not exist in 1970 ... but if what you suggest is that made a selfie with a Hasselblad, with one hand and without looking at the camera because ... it's the strangest selfie I've seen in my life, Haise also must have an arm of at least 1 meter long, if one follows the sequence is clear that the scene was filmed by a fourth man, certainly in a study.

Have you ever held a camera in your life? Because you're talking like someone who's had no experience with one.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
And to address your issue with perspective, here is a model of the CSM.

Note the attachement of the high gain antenna at the back of the service module. Now what hapens if we move closer?

Oh look, the cylindrical service module has disappeared, even though the conical command module is still pointing off to one side. You can see the service module is still attached because the high gain antenna is still clearly visible.

THis is basic perspective, tarkus, nothing unusual at all. The service module is still attached in your 'missing service module' pictures, you just can't see it because it is hidden by the command module from the perspective of the photographer.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2015, 01:59:58 PM »
Are you not responding properly, and please do not divert the discussion ... I repeat.:

The third post and you're already complaining, trying to moderate the thread and just repeating yourself? 

You have a chance here to show your idea is correct to those who know about Apollo.  All we ask right now is to answer a few questions and show the work you've done as a first step.  Don't blow this chance to demonstrate the hoax you seem to believe is so self evident.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2015, 02:06:05 PM »
Only if the tip of the cone points directly to the observer CM, SM cylinder will be hidden by the capsule. Clearly not the case.

A bit of perspective geometry should be able to prove your point.  Something that you should already have done to come to this conclusion.  I'll give you a hint of how this works.  The LM docking window is inside the perimeter of the CM base.  With that information, tell us what of the SM, which is straight below the widest part of the CM, is visible from the window.  Since words in translation can be a problem, a diagram would be a big help. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:20:32 PM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2015, 02:08:53 PM »
And to forestall any suggestion of trickery on those pictures, here is a video of me rotating that same CSM model.

Note that there is quite a substantial arc in which the service module is hidden simply due to perspective.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2015, 02:19:24 PM »
Excellent example OBM. I hope that you put that vinegar to good use on a pile of fish'n'chips soon?   :D :D :D

That will be a lot of fish and chips. Can I come for dinner OBM?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2015, 02:23:14 PM »
Haise making a selfie?  :o cell phones did not exist in 1970 ...

Photographic historians consider this to be the first selfie from 1839

http://publicdomainreview.org/collections/robert-cornelius-self-portrait-the-first-ever-selfie-1839/

Not sure cell phones existed in 1839 either, but then you (or I for that matter) don't get to define selfie.

but if what you suggest is that made a selfie with a Hasselblad, with one hand and without looking at the camera because ... it's the strangest selfie I've seen in my life, Haise also must have an arm of at least 1 meter long, if one follows the sequence is clear that the scene was filmed by a fourth man, certainly in a study.

Proof there was a fourth man please.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:27:40 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2015, 02:25:07 PM »
Excellent example OBM. I hope that you put that vinegar to good use on a pile of fish'n'chips soon?   :D :D :D

That will be a lot of fish and chips. Can I come for dinner OBM?

You'd be welcome, but as a 30+ years vegetarian there wouldn't be much fish ;)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2015, 02:29:37 PM »

Haise making a selfie?  :o cell phones did not exist in 1970

And?

... but if what you suggest is that made a selfie with a Hasselblad,

No I didn't. I appreciate English is supposedly not your first language, but I clearly mentioned the word 'video'. Hassleblads don't do video.

with one hand and without looking at the camera because ... it's the strangest selfie I've seen in my life, Haise also must have an arm of at least 1 meter long,

Based on...?

I have an idea how long Haise's arms are, I've met him.

if one follows the sequence is clear that the scene was filmed by a fourth man, certainly in a study.

If one follows the sequence it is clear that there is no 4th man there. Haise films it himself. He also does it in other sequences.

You are deluded and sadly lacking in any kind of background education in this subject. I'd give it up if I were you.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2015, 02:51:15 PM »

SM visible:

SM not visible:

Look at the top image, and you can clearly see two of the Service Module's RCS quads.

Now look at the bottom image, at about 80 degrees clockwise from the vertical, and again around 170 clockwise from the vertical. In these locations you can see small semi-circular objects protruding outside the circle of the Command Module. I think you will find they are two of the RCS quads. This incidentally shows how close the Service Module is to being visible in these photos.
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline Al Johnston

• Earth
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2015, 03:02:23 PM »

Do you know where the shutter button is on a Hasselblad?
"Cheer up!" they said. "It could be worse!" they said.
So I did.
And it was.