Author Topic: Apollo XIII-inconsistences  (Read 160316 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Apollo XIII-inconsistences
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2015, 06:26:01 AM »
Tarkus, so your claim is that Apollo 13 didn't happen as described. So what did happen then?
What took off on April 13th 1970? Or are you claiming that the launch was fake? The whole mission was fake? What exactly?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2015, 07:14:32 AM »
This whole 'selfie' business is a distraction. Haise was not 'taking a selfie'. That was a term someone threw in for humour. He was holding the camera and filming the inside of the spacecraft, and he happened to get himself in shot for a short time. This is not suspicious, certainly not impossible, and all you want to do, tarkus, is complain about the words used.

How about dealing with some actual real points, such as the effect of perspective and camera position on whether or not the SM is visible?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2015, 09:42:47 AM »
all you want to do, tarkus, is complain about the words

That seems to be the gist of the presentation so far.   Let's see if tarkus takes you up on the suggestion to make a real point. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2015, 10:11:09 AM »
Thank you Jason. It needed to be asked. This whole "debate" seems like a chain pull sourced from our resident mate Awe130.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2015, 10:41:55 AM »
I'm working on a response to the Apollo 16 photo "argument", but I just pulled an all-nighter at work and need to get some rest.  I'll try to finish & post it tonite.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2015, 12:42:24 PM »
BTW Tarkus, type in "selfie not looking at camera" into google. That might change your never having seen a selfie not looking into the camera claim.

Yes, but that would require research, and if Tarkus could do proper research, he(?) wouldn't be a hoax believer.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2015, 02:09:54 PM »
I agree that the term 'selfie' is a distraction - I used it to convey something in simple terms any idiot could grasp.

I misjudged the target audience.

Meanwhile, I am at Glastonbury festival. I have more interesting things to do for a while :D

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2015, 04:48:06 PM »
OBM, just remember to _look_ at your camera if you take a selfie, otherwise the universe might implode.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2015, 08:13:09 PM »
Tarkus, so your claim is that Apollo 13 didn't happen as described. So what did happen then?
What took off on April 13th 1970? Or are you claiming that the launch was fake? The whole mission was fake? What exactly?

Don't you know? Really?

It was the massive rocket (the main cost of going) that they had to build in order to fake the moon landings and not have people become suspicious about how they got there!!

(idea courtesy of the brilliant "That Mitchell and Webb Look" moon landing conspiracy sketch. If you haven't seen it, here it is

Three comedians poke the Moon landing conspiracy full of more holes than a cheese grater!!

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2015, 03:13:33 AM »

Don't you know? Really?

It was the massive rocket (the main cost of going) that they had to build in order to fake the moon landings and not have people become suspicious about how they got there!!

(idea courtesy of the brilliant "That Mitchell and Webb Look" moon landing conspiracy sketch. If you haven't seen it, here it is

Three comedians poke the Moon landing conspiracy full of more holes than a cheese grater!!

A great sketch from some very funny guys.

Loons like tarkus really do believe that mountains of impeachable evidence can be hand-waved away by what they believe to be a tiny inconsistency. So the thousands of people that saw a massive great rocket taking off were all incorrect because tarkus reckons that some bloke took a "selfie" in an unusual way. Sheesh... ::)
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2015, 09:15:29 AM »
Speaking of selfies, I believe Mike Collins took some video selfies while in orbit around the Moon on Apollo 11. Have a look at www.apolloarchive.com in the Apollo Multimedia section.
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2015, 09:31:28 AM »
mountains of impeachable evidence

I believe you meant "unimpeachable."

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2015, 09:55:26 AM »
mountains of impeachable evidence

I believe you meant "unimpeachable."

Opps...my apologies and thanks for the correction. I blame my dyslexic fingers (a terrible condition for a man of my meagre years...)  :o

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »
KO

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2015, 11:15:11 AM »
KO

Ever hear the one about the dyslexic, insomniac, agnostic?

He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog   :P

Back to the OP's original point. If you view the video you can clearly see the distortion caused by the wide-angle lens as the camera pans and moves around the cabin. Straight lines and edges appear to curve and move due to the fish-eye effect. The fact that tarkus didn't realise this, but instead jumps to the ridiculous conclusion that it was filmed by a fourth person just adds to my suspicions that tarkus has absolutely no experience with ANY form of photography. In addition, it adds to my suspicions that (s)he has very poor spatial understanding. It's no wonder that tarkus cannot work out where the SM is and why it cannot be seen.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 12:22:54 PM by Zakalwe »