Author Topic: Tindarormkimcha's thread  (Read 121860 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2015, 12:53:32 PM »
sure, now we have an Ad Hominem on our hands. where do they find these people?

They tend to spring up out of the ooze, start juvenile name-calling and then either implode or get banned...

ah well what would you expect from nazi oeps nasa?

I have a name for people who really believe we have sent men to the moon: luna-tics
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2015, 12:55:35 PM »
No I did not edit what you wrote. You claim everything was against us, yet we have evidence that a big space rocket took off.

you are doing it again! I never claimed that a big space rocket id not took off, I wrote that.
How many times do I have to repeat this?

OK, let's get this straight, you are making the claim that the moon landings were faked and have said everything was against us. That does not give me (us) a lot to go with, so I'm trying to find common ground by finding out what part of the Apollo program you agree upon. So, you agree a big space rocket took off. Now, that removes one factor from 'everything.' Right, after that, where do you disagree. Was the rocket suborbital or did it make LEO?

I have a name for people who really believe we have sent men to the moon: luna-tics

I see what you did there, lunar and lunatics. That's really clever. I like it. Good play on words. I think you might have been beaten to it though.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2015, 12:59:01 PM »
They tend to spring up out of the ooze, start juvenile name-calling and then either implode or get banned...

ah well what would you expect from nazi oeps nasa?

I only have one thing to say to this:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2015, 01:01:46 PM »

You might want to care whether he ever said it or not. It would say something about your research skills.

sure, now we have an Ad Hominem on our hands. where do they find these people?

No, you don't.

Did Mark Twain say what you think he said. Find me the book it's in.

Or did you just copy some crap from the internet without bothering to check it was true or not?

Given your posting history so far I think I know the answer...

So, you really didn't get the point then, mate?!

Figures.

And you seem unable to answer questions.

Mate.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2015, 01:04:56 PM »
So, you haven't seen or listened to the video then eh?

That's right.  You'll find that a Gish gallop of cherry-picked YouTubified quotes doesn't really get you very far here.  I know what Dr. Kaku's position is.

My turn.  What are your adjudicated credentials in the relevant sciences or professional fields?
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2015, 01:13:21 PM »
Aww...he's plumb tuckered himself out. All that pee and vinegar didn't last long, did it?
Maybe he'll be back after his Mum lets him leave the table?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2015, 01:16:00 PM »
Aww...he's plumb tuckered himself out. All that pee and vinegar didn't last long, did it?
Maybe he'll be back after his Mum lets him leave the table?

Now now, we don't him to think we're just being rude to him and calling him an idiot dullard and such. Far better to concentrate on the quality of his argument.

Ah...erm....

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2015, 01:17:00 PM »
What do you think was actually "lost?" Specifically what were the "moontapes" you refer to?   What do you think were the circumstances of the loss?"

It is of course not about what I think!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/30/AR2007013002065.html

How convenient for them!

of course it is all a hoax! Everything on this earth is!

Simply linking to an 8 year old popular newspaper article about a widely know event is hardly an argument for a hoax.  The article has some notable inaccuracies that don't detract from the event in question but show it is not as precise as one would want to rely on as part of a "proof."

And actually what you think is important to your making your argument.  That is why you are here isn't it, to make a case for the moon landings being hoaxed?  We are certainly here to listen to any case that you might want to make,  Helping myself and others to understand what you are saying is the point of my questions so please reply in as much detail as you can. 

What do you think was actually "lost?" Specifically what were the "moontapes" you refer to?   What do you think were the circumstances of the loss?"

ETA  Specifically, what data or information was lost relative to the data and information that was preserved? 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:33:35 PM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2015, 01:19:30 PM »

Now now, we don't him to think we're just being rude to him and calling him an idiot dullard and such. Far better to concentrate on the quality of his argument.

Ah...erm....

I can't see what could possibly go wrong with that!  :o

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2015, 01:27:07 PM »
People here probably also believe that evolutio is true, black holes exist, relativity theory is right, quantum nechanics is correct, that there was a Biggie Bangie.

You seem to disbelieve a great many ideas, care to tell us what you do believe is true about the world?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2015, 01:28:26 PM »
We are certainly here to listen to any case that you might want to make,  Helping myself and others to understand what you are saying is the point of my questions so please reply in as much detail as you can.

And since this is a digest thread, it would be more prudent to start individual threads on individual topics.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Trebor

• Earth
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2015, 01:35:50 PM »
As I said:

What is the source of this quote? And 'Spiritual Cleansing dot org? Doesn't sound like that has much credibility.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2015, 01:48:40 PM »
People here probably also believe that evolutio is true, black holes exist, relativity theory is right, quantum nechanics is correct, that there was a Biggie Bangie.

Now you've really got my interest. We can always talk about the anthropic principle within the framework of quantum mechanics. Would our Universe exist if I was not in it to observe its nature? Friends and I were debating the philosophy of the anthropic principle over dinner the other night and whether it is a statement of the blinding obvious, viz it is because it is, or actually does the Universe exist within its current parameters because we are in it. It's a difficult question, and maybe you have a point about our belief in quantum mechanics and relativity. Maybe those theories exist in their format because they describe the Universe we live in, and it is only because we are in the Universe that they exist. It's quite a metaphysical debate.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2015, 02:06:12 PM »
We are certainly here to listen to any case that you might want to make,  Helping myself and others to understand what you are saying is the point of my questions so please reply in as much detail as you can.

And since this is a digest thread, it would be more prudent to start individual threads on individual topics.
Alas, that appears to be a task left for LO to accomplish as he gets the opportunity. 

Offline 12oh2alarm

• Venus
  • This dude likes Don Martin cartoons.
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2015, 03:33:02 PM »
I am at aw at how easy it is to fool the people.

That's nothing. You should be at awe how easily you yourself are fooled by a postcard.
"On the internet, you get easily misquoted." -- Albert Einstein aka Mark Twain