Author Topic: Tindarormkimcha's thread  (Read 121865 times)

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
Re: Tindarormkimcha's thread
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2015, 02:14:10 AM »
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline VQ

• Earth
« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2015, 02:16:14 AM »
A drive-by scatter-gun poster huh?

Not a Gish gallop, more of a Gish transonic flyby.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2015, 02:26:00 AM »
Tindarormkimcha,

Like others have said, I am saddened by the current state of team "hoax believers". They have suffered too many defeats, and lost all of their best players. Maybe it's a rebuilding year. But there isn't much hope for your team if you're the best they've got left.

How about you prove to us that you actually understand the subject and can discuss it intelligently instead of just copying and pasting from other sites? I'm so fed up with hoax believers like you who come in here guns blazing just to create a high post count as quickly as possible.

You have made 67 posts in a little over 24 hours, and there has been no substance to any of them. It has just been a regurgitation of other people's hoax claims that were debunked years ago. Do you not feel shame from the poor quality of your argument? Do you not look at what you have posted and think "I can do better!"? Your work has been lazy. If you were my student, I would fail you. If you were my employee, I would fire you.

So here is the deal: I'm close to banning you for trolling since you appear to be more interested in provoking anger than you are in having an intelligent conversation. But I'm going to give you one more chance. Pick your strongest proof that the moon landings were faked and make your case. We will discuss it until there is agreement to move on to the next topic. If you continue to just spam the forum with material from other hoax believers without at least attempting to discuss it I will ban you. Or would you rather just admit you don't have what it takes and quit now?

Tind-what'shisface doesn't want to engage in conversation though- he wants to be banned as quickly as possible. Then he can go back to his normal haunts and tell the story that his "evidence" was so bad-ass that he was banned at Apollohoax. The luna-tics over here were unable to deal with his devastating debating skillorz that we were running around in panic. The last thing that he wants to do is actually look at any of the debunking evidence, or heavens forbid, actually enter into conversation with anyone here. it's a bit like suicide by cop....the last think that someone determined to go that way is some smart-arse intellectual who's been to university and everything ::), coming along and explaining that there's more to life, or convincing him that he might actually be wrong!

I can imagine the sort of person that Tinda-what'shisface is. After all, what sort of person would come into any room IRL and start by trying to insult as many people as possible? He's probably had little formal education and is either high on the idea that he has some special knowledge that's not available to the sheeple like us, or he's frustrated with his lack of achievement in life. As Mr. Windley has stated ""Conspiracism is a shortcut to the illusion of erudition."
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #288 on: July 29, 2015, 04:41:57 AM »

Sooo, NASA is going to proudly display the props they used to execute the fake?

Ah, yes but... it's whistle blowing, release a little bit of information here and there because you're disgruntled and want to expose the hoax. Dincha know that?

I've never quite understood that argument either. Why? Because the models they show look so 60s sci-fi special effects and wouldn't convince my mother. Again, who makes this stuff up? Do they have a committee to float ideas.

Percy: 'Sorry Bill, the idea that they slowed the film down isn't good enough, we need to say they slowed it down by 100% and then screw up our maths proving it, Jarrah's already completed that part of the plan, then say they slowed it down 67% but added wires. That makes a much stronger case.'

Kaysing: 'But isn't that changing the goalposts.'

Percy: 'Erm not, sit down, Ralph has got a great idea.'

Ralph Rene: 'Late change to the agenda. Right, the C-rock idea again.'

All: [collective sigh]

I guess the CT argument would be that these aren't the actual models and they had the real McCoy stored away in Area 51, and they were guarded by aliens/lizardmen/shapeshifters/freemasons/von Braun/CIA/Lee Harvey Oswald [circle the word you want to use].
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:44:10 AM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2015, 05:02:26 AM »
Can I ask a practical question? Should we maybe upgrade Tindarormkimcha's status to the planet after Neptune?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:05:43 AM by dwight »
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2015, 05:14:16 AM »
I believe those were used in a simulation. That is, as part of the flight training of the Apollo astronauts,  closed circuit cameras linked to controls in the LM and CSM and moved over the model in response, the video being displayed in the 'windows'. A similar system was used for aircraft flight simulators  before real time computer graphics became practical for this.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #291 on: July 29, 2015, 07:24:54 AM »
You know, and I know it, and in fact the major TV networks informed us all that they were used in training (even going to great lengths to show the training in progress), but that seems to skip the logical process of our resident conspiracy believer brigade.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #292 on: July 29, 2015, 07:28:24 AM »
I believe those were used in a simulation. That is, as part of the flight training of the Apollo astronauts,  closed circuit cameras linked to controls in the LM and CSM and moved over the model in response, the video being displayed in the 'windows'. A similar system was used for aircraft flight simulators  before real time computer graphics became practical for this.

In a similar manner to the  LM/CM docking sequence in the film Apollo 13?

Maybe someone else can answer this question, but Bill Kaysing made a big song and dance about the Apollo Simulation Programme (correct term?). Was Kaysing's rationale that this was proof that they were preparing the hoax material? Do these people understand that 3 blokes didn't just turn up on the day and turn the ignition key on the Saturn V? There was a small matter of training for every aspect of the mission.

Aldrin: What shall we do today Neil?
Armstrong: Oh, let's ask NASA if we can fly to the Moon in their new rocket.
Collin: Great idea, I'd really like to walk on the Moon.
Armstrong and Aldrin: Shotgun!!!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2015, 07:45:14 AM »
Exactly; I've seen the same setup (camera "flying" over a model) used to train drone operators in the '60s.  The maps and models were made from astronomical and unmanned spacecraft observations.  The idea that there is something suspicious about NASA making such models to train flight crew is just ignorant and paranoid.  The idea that they would use these models to fake the missions is even "dumberer", since the use of such models and other forms of training were widely publicized.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #294 on: July 29, 2015, 08:35:26 AM »
Can I ask a practical question? Should we maybe upgrade Tindarormkimcha's status to the planet after Neptune?
But...but...but there isn't a planet after Neptune.   ;)
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #295 on: July 29, 2015, 08:38:42 AM »
Maybe the one before Neptune, then. Seems appropriate.  :o

Regarding the model landscape. I am so very curious how the completely different depth-of-field that is blatantly obvious on films such as the MIT coverage of the LM, could fool anyone.

Also, why is it that all hoaxer believers seem to think Apollo sprang up from no-where? Ranger, Surveyor, Mercury and Gemini seem jibberish to them.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:40:59 AM by dwight »

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #296 on: July 29, 2015, 08:42:30 AM »
Maybe the one before Neptune, then. Seems appropriate.  :o

Which one, Uranus, Saturn, Jupiter, Ceres, Mars, Earth, Venus or Mercury?

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #297 on: July 29, 2015, 08:43:21 AM »
But...but...but there isn't a planet after Neptune.   ;)

This guy is so far out he could be upgraded to a Kepler planet. :)

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #298 on: July 29, 2015, 08:55:33 AM »
I think relagated to orbiting Uranus looking for klingons is the best bet.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #299 on: July 29, 2015, 09:42:30 AM »
Regarding the model landscape. I am so very curious how the completely different depth-of-field that is blatantly obvious on films such as the MIT coverage of the LM, could fool anyone.

In reality, our new found friend is not being fooled, as that implies he would have put some minimal effort into listening to others and making a differentiation or decision.  All evidence to date suggests a predilection to believe in woo so strong that he is seeking it out, not being persuaded.

I am sure he will be promoted to Pluto status soon enough.  That is to say, while he is currently in the club, but in a rather eccentric orbit, he will soon be a dim, minor former member of the forum. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:25:34 AM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett