Author Topic: Men and dinosaurs  (Read 35703 times)

Offline darren r

• Earth
Re: Men and dinosaurs
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2015, 11:14:16 AM »
The thing is, people have been actively looking for 'living dinosaurs' for decades, and they've found nothing. The only evidence is dodgy pictures, film and video, and even dodgier eyewitness testimony (eyewitnesses being the least reliable form of evidence, no matter what anyone says).

If these were real animals and still existed, you'd expect to find carcasses, tracks, droppings and, as Luke Pemberton says, a large enough food source to support them.

If they existed until relatively recently (i.e. the Middle Ages) but were now extinct, there'd still be ample evidence beyond the occasional engraving or cave painting.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »
No. She's not lying. Visit Scotland and Loch Ness and you'll understand there have been sightings of large fish that people believe. It's just that the explanation for their sightings can be explained by migratory sturgeon or prey seeking catfish. Now, are you going to ignore the food chain analysis of the biologists that have studied the Loch? There simply is not enough food to sustain a monster and its offspring. Please address the foodchain analysis and how this supports your monster theory.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2015, 12:27:57 PM »
No. She's not lying. Visit Scotland and Loch Ness and you'll understand there have been sightings of large fish that people believe. It's just that the explanation for their sightings can be explained by migratory sturgeon or prey seeking catfish. Now, are you going to ignore the food chain analysis of the biologists that have studied the Loch? There simply is not enough food to sustain a monster and its offspring. Please address the foodchain analysis and how this supports your monster theory.

I hope you are not texting and DRIVING
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2015, 12:34:08 PM »
There is also a world of difference between the original claim and the coelocanth. Humans and coelocanths each live in parts of the world that are hostile to the other. The original claim is about humans not only living at the same time as dinosaurs but actually co-existing to the point of humans and dinosaurs encountering each other regularly. Under those circumstances we would expect to see a lot more evidence of dinosaur/human coexistence than a few mythical representations and anecdotes of 'dragons and beasts'.

Maybe he will understand this better than what I have posted.  Goalpost shifting to meet the CT's perspective is.

EDIT: Correct spelling

She.  And if you find a way to get her to listen to opposing opinions, I'd be very interested in finding out what it is.  No one else has ever managed.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2015, 12:46:59 PM »

She.  And if you find a way to get her to listen to opposing opinions, I'd be very interested in finding out what it is.  No one else has ever managed.
My bad totally labeling her as masculine and I didn't know of her.  As you may read the task is happening as you indicated.  Moving the goalposts, throwing in other material not associated with the OP.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2015, 01:21:01 PM »
There is also a world of difference between the original claim and the coelocanth. Humans and coelocanths each live in parts of the world that are hostile to the other. The original claim is about humans not only living at the same time as dinosaurs but actually co-existing to the point of humans and dinosaurs encountering each other regularly. Under those circumstances we would expect to see a lot more evidence of dinosaur/human coexistence than a few mythical representations and anecdotes of 'dragons and beasts'.

Maybe he will understand this better than what I have posted.  Goalpost shifting to meet the CT's perspective is.

I am not shifting the goal. I was trying to use another example to illustrate what  I wanted to say. It was obvious you understood that I am totally with the creationists. Let us not turn to personal snipes OK?
“When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
 Rumi

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2015, 01:23:06 PM »
If what LionKing is saying is that maybe, possibly, a small population of dinosaurs have survived until  relatively recent times, this would be cryptozoology, not creationism. In which case I can only say that I would be delighted if it were ever proven true, but with such complete absence of physical evidence, I doubt it will ever happen.

HAVE HOPE :D

although these are mere eyewitnesses, but at least of the Mbembe they saw it close up and personal and even heard its loud noise .. so a lot better account than Nessie's
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2015, 01:24:07 PM »

No, I caught the train. No one with an ounce of sense would drive into central London.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2015, 01:26:02 PM »
Jason,
maybe they were rare, so you don't expect that extensive encounters, but they would have left humans impressed.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:29:44 PM by LionKing »
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »

I don't have answer for every question re foodchain, but the woman is saying he stuck his head above the water and she saw it, then it drifted down.
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2015, 01:36:43 PM »

you notice how you pop up to create trouble?
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2015, 01:38:05 PM »

No, I caught the train. No one with an ounce of sense would drive into central London.

I've been on the train from out near  Heathrow down toward the Underground.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2015, 01:39:35 PM »
Creatures like that would have left a lot more than a few impressed humans behind them, however rare they were.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2015, 01:41:11 PM »

Gillianren is not creating trouble, LionKing, she is stating a valid point. In all the years you have been posting here you have never grasped what science actually is all about despite numerous attempts by scientists on this discussion board to get you to understand, and you still pull up arguments like 'scientists say' and 'it would take only one find' to overturn a scientific idea.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2015, 01:43:49 PM »

gillianren posts an interesting questions have you ever listened to an opposing opinion and changed yours?  I'm new so I don't know what mind set you have.  You certainly have not conceded that man did not live with dinosaurs as most of the rest of the world believes.
Eugene Cernan