Author Topic: HBs, CTs, Deniers, Alien Apologists...  (Read 86789 times)

Offline Cat Not Included

• Venus
Re: HBs, CTs, Deniers, Alien Apologists...
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2015, 12:17:47 PM »
I don't believe it.

It works because I flip the switch on this box thingy on my desk, and it whirs and hums for a moment, and then I have the interwebz on the screen in front of me.

The rest of it is so much electronic spaghetti and wizardry. And things, and stuff.

:P
I'm pretty sure there are gnomes and elves involved.
The quote "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" very clearly predates personal computers.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2015, 01:10:39 PM »
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2015, 01:13:06 PM »
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2015, 03:09:21 AM »
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Sorry. Someone just made may "got to see" list.

But bang on the button for many hoax believers. Does not look right....... why? well, er,..... it would......

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2015, 04:10:45 AM »
I don't believe it.

It works because I flip the switch on this box thingy on my desk, and it whirs and hums for a moment, and then I have the interwebz on the screen in front of me.

The rest of it is so much electronic spaghetti and wizardry. And things, and stuff.

:P
I'm pretty sure there are gnomes and elves involved.
Just never let the magic blue smoke out, or it will stop working.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #200 on: September 26, 2015, 02:05:13 PM »
I've followed the hoax debate for a long time in lurk mode, on YT, on various fora, here, Clavius, Cosmoquest, and other places, and it suddenly occurred to me...

All of the threads I've read, (and some of them were huge!) all of the arguments I've witnessed, all of the "debates" (I use that term loosely) all seem to end up with the HBs, CTs, Deniers, etc.. all saying some variations of the same thing: "There is nothing you can tell me that will change my mind! I know it was a hoax!" (usually followed by some observation regarding the parentage of the person debunking the hoax)

My question is, knowing that I have not seen all possible discussions, are there any known instances of a hoax believer (or their cousins) saying anything along the lines of, "Up until now, I had been firmly convinced that it was a hoax, but you've presented me with enough believable evidence that disproves my theory, that I've changed my mind!"

Has that actually ever happened? Can anyone post links to a disbeliever ever having their mind changed?
I stumbled onto this today.  A fairly good reference
http://www.attivissimo.net/luna/mhd/mhd-v1.0.1light.pdf
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #201 on: September 27, 2015, 02:24:40 AM »
I met Paolo at an astronaut presentation and he signed a copy of his book.

Nice man, and he told me he was working on more material :)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #202 on: September 27, 2015, 03:41:35 AM »
On the subject of books,  came across this while looking at who 'Ronnie Stronge', the narrator of 'What happened on the moon' is (jobbing actor and head of various corporate consultancy companies).

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=rJVWAgAAQBAJ&pg=PT74&lpg=PT74&dq=ronnie+stronge&source=bl&ots=8SqH_xX69Z&sig=CzkfYiBSUAqV9Xp_AB5CJHFdJVc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDAQ6AEwBDgKahUKEwiN7_y-2JbIAhUIwxQKHbCaDgs#v=onepage&q=ronnie%20stronge&f=false

It doesn't address the claims made in moon hoax conspiracy films (other topics are also covered), but does address how they make them and the way that viewers are led down a specific pathway.

Interesting read.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #203 on: September 27, 2015, 08:12:18 AM »
I met Paolo at an astronaut presentation and he signed a copy of his book.

Nice man, and he told me he was working on more material :)
I'm glad that the book is available on line.  He did a rather good job in debunking, the last bit about talking to a hoax "believer" versus a "doubter
Eugene Cernan

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #204 on: September 27, 2015, 09:32:09 AM »

Thank you for that. It's a superb resource.

Incidentally, it also mentioned this video which I hadn't heard of before (NASAFLIX's Apollo 12 uncensored):
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #205 on: September 27, 2015, 04:44:02 PM »
A little outdated, as fairly recently they did find water (well, chemicals with hydrogen and oxygen in them) in lunar samples.
They also could have given a little bit about cosmic ray exposure ages. It's very convincing, in my opinion, as it means they can't even be lunar meteorites. Another really good piece of evidence involving the moon rocks is that SMART-1, a probe from a third party besides NASA or the former USSR, confirmed the ground truth of Apollo and Luna samples coming from not only the moon but the right places on the moon. I believe India's Chandraayn-1 did the same.
do like the cartoons for the various hoax scenarios though. ;D

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2015, 09:37:52 PM »
A little outdated, as fairly recently they did find water (well, chemicals with hydrogen and oxygen in them) in lunar samples.
They also could have given a little bit about cosmic ray exposure ages. It's very convincing, in my opinion, as it means they can't even be lunar meteorites. Another really good piece of evidence involving the moon rocks is that SMART-1, a probe from a third party besides NASA or the former USSR, confirmed the ground truth of Apollo and Luna samples coming from not only the moon but the right places on the moon. I believe India's Chandraayn-1 did the same.
do like the cartoons for the various hoax scenarios though. ;D

Don't forget the Japanese Kaguya mission and four Chinese missions Three obiters, one lander/rover have also added to our knowledge of the Moon

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #207 on: September 27, 2015, 09:41:38 PM »
All images Photo shopped, Just ask the Blunder
Eugene Cernan

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
« Reply #208 on: September 27, 2015, 11:52:39 PM »
And the rest of the official NASA record was all also faked, and therefore not acceptable as a reference source.

I despise these people.
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #209 on: September 28, 2015, 11:43:52 AM »
Don't forget the Japanese Kaguya mission and four Chinese missions Three obiters, one lander/rover have also added to our knowledge of the Moon
I certainly do not, but I mention them specifically because they did X-ray spectroscopy  from orbit of the lunar surface.