Author Topic: Charlie Duke Family Photo  (Read 37855 times)

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
Re: Charlie Duke Family Photo
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2015, 08:11:54 PM »
Teflon looks a lot like polyethylene.  And sample bags made of polyethylene typically have a quarter-inch seam around the edges, much as we see in the in situ photo.
Did you mean to say "sample bags made of Teflon typically have a ..."?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2015, 08:20:46 PM »
Teflon looks a lot like polyethylene.  And sample bags made of polyethylene typically have a quarter-inch seam around the edges, much as we see in the in situ photo.

Of course I did.  ::)
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2015, 08:26:02 PM »

Fluorine, hydrogen, what's the difference? At least the polymer structures are essentially the same.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2015, 09:42:37 PM »

Whizzes over my head.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2015, 10:37:00 PM »
Whizzes over my head.
No, that was polystyrene. On Apollos 16 and 17...

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2015, 03:38:05 AM »
It's going to be a sad day when the last Apollo astronaut passes into the undiscovered country and a human who knows what it's like to walk or orbit the moon will no longer be still with us.
I'm glad we can contact these people while we still can.

xkcd

:(

Be sure to read the mouse-over text.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2015, 05:24:53 AM »
It's going to be a sad day when the last Apollo astronaut passes into the undiscovered country and a human who knows what it's like to walk or orbit the moon will no longer be still with us.

xkcd

Oh, I have. I just hope we get to see those planets, as sad as it will be. Let's hope for a future without a Fermi paradox, as we will be the aliens, and we will be there!

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2015, 06:55:52 AM »

xkcd

Oh, I have. I just hope we get to see those planets, as sad as it will be. Let's hope for a future without a Fermi paradox, as we will be the aliens, and we will be there!
With a lack of political will, travel to other planets won't happen, Frank Borman said, people aren't interested in exploration, but they sure as hell were interested in beating trhe Russians (to the moon)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2015, 07:40:45 AM »
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2015, 08:44:38 AM »
Charlie Duke interview with questions concerning hoax nuts.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/aljazeeracorrespondent/2015/10/charlie-duke-moon-151021154201652.html

More than anything I love the fact that he can't remember Bart Sibrel's name.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2015, 08:54:46 AM »
Charlie Duke interview with questions concerning hoax nuts.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/aljazeeracorrespondent/2015/10/charlie-duke-moon-151021154201652.html

More than anything I love the fact that he can't remember Bart Sibrel's name.
He like many of us older generation suffer from CRS.
Eugene Cernan

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2015, 11:02:53 AM »
Well, and doubtless to the HBs' dismay, they just aren't that important.  We remember their names because this is our hobby.  The astronauts don't, because they don't care.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2015, 11:05:43 AM »
Well, and doubtless to the HBs' dismay, they just aren't that important.  We remember their names because this is our hobby.  The astronauts don't, because they don't care.
Not important but unfortunately persuasive to the "critical" thinkers out there
Eugene Cernan

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »

Thank you, Gillianren, for my biggest out-loud laugh today - it's 2:06 am - and for most of yesterday. That's up with the best quotes from JayUtah.  Brief, to the point, accurate, exquisite, and very funny.  Well done! One of the politest ever comments of its type.
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2015, 11:24:54 AM »
Thank you kindly, Kiwi!
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates