Author Topic: I really wonder why people still believe we have send men to the moon.  (Read 110817 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: I really wonder why people still believe we have send men to the moon.
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2015, 02:26:52 AM »
Well, let's be honest now.

When do you plan on starting that?

Most of the last postings were only a shot of Ad Hominems! CHEAP Ad Hominems that is!

I am NOT trolling. Why would I? I am way too old for that.

Until you start making sensible rebuttals to the points made by others, you are nothing but a troll, and your posts are in themselves ad hominems. Don't think people here aren't smart enough to recognise that.

Furthermore there was in the above posting talk abaout lot of evidence. but nothing was shown!

All I ask for is evidence that we have send men to the moon.

So far, ALL the evidence is fake!

Why, because you said so? Not good enough. Prove they are fake. Or at least make some sort of cogent argument as to why you believe they are fake. You demand proof from others but aren't prepared to supply any yourself.

Let's take another example: the reflectors, allegedly put on the moon by astroNOTS

wrong!!!

And your evidence for this is? You talk about evidence, where is yours?

And so far, we have

Fake moon rocks

Which you have failed to demonstrate are fake..

lying astroNOTS

Who you have failed to demonstrate are lying...

the 'c' rock (studio props)

Which is just complete bull.

Oh this one is also hilarious! nasa lost the moontapes!!!!

Boring. Tell us specifically what was lost, when it was lost and what its significance is.

I love to look ar their non-sense. A lot seem to even be air brushed.
actually they are artists and nothing more.

You have yet to demonstrate any signs that you have looked at anything other than some fraudster's youtube that you swallowed whole.

o btw nasa is a militairy organization. Now that is telling us something, right?

No, it isn't.

I don't understand people take a psychopathic organisation like nasa seriously.

I don't understand what sort of delusional idiot thinks that an organisation is psychopathic.

You demand evidence?

Here is one piece, just one, see if you can work out its significance.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:28:37 AM by onebigmonkey »

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2015, 02:56:56 AM »
Yes, we heard you the first time. Now are you going to back your claims up with anything resembling supporting evidence, or are your merely going to keep throwing tired old hoax believer accusations  and wild conspiracy claims out there? Because that's all you've done so far.

Your word ain't good enough, in other words.

I agree my words are not good enough. Fair enough! I have no problem with that at all.

But neither is yours! Or others for that matter!!

The people who BELIEVE the non-sense that we have send men to the moon, don't they have to proof THAT?

Of course they have to!

So far they haven't.

Ir really is all about believe.

If one BELIEFS the non-sense then very soon everything is accepted as 'evidence'

Let me put it another way, why do a  lot of people here  blindly accept the 'evidence' ?

Most of them are not very critical to their own beliefs.

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2015, 03:01:18 AM »

That piece is very illogical

why?

It start out with a lot of Ad Hominems:

They’re stupid.

is either an idiot or a liar.

If you seriously believe we didn’t go, maybe because you’ve read some garbage

or seen the nonsense over at Cluesforum or some other garbage conspiracy site

at least 4 Ad Hominems

That are no arguments mate. Just personal attacks that doesn't say a thing!

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2015, 03:04:13 AM »

But anyway, thanks for the link!

I always appreciate a good laugh!

btw are most 'people' here citizens of the usa?

(do you know what a citizen is???)

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2015, 03:09:28 AM »
I don't understand what sort of delusional idiot thinks that an organisation is psychopathic.

Indeed, you don't understand!

watch this movie to 'grok'  it,mate!

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2015, 03:19:49 AM »
Tindarormkimcha, you seem to have missed my post #33418, so for your convenience I repeat:

The odds are realy[sic] against the idea the we have sent men to the moon.

"The odds" implies a quantitative claim.  What is your probability figure, and exactly how did you calculate it?

I once believed that fairy tail[sic], but now I am sure it was (and is) one big gigantic hoax.

You have waved your hands about radiation and petrified wood and so on, but all of these topics have been repeatedly examined, in detail, on this board and its predecessors.  You clearly have not examined the Apollo record in any detail.  Why, then, is either your alleged prior belief, or your current disbelief, worthy of any particular attention?

So now I wonder why people still believe in this non-sense,

In my case, it's because I'm an experienced space systems engineer, with a space physics background, have worked with Apollo engineers, and have examined the record in reasonable detail.

while there is no evidence we have ever send[sic] men to the moon!

Good heavens, whatever gave you such a silly idea?  The Apollo program, including its manned and unmanned predecessors, and its scientific and technical legacy, is the most heavily documented engineering program ever.  There is an enormous amount of design, test, and operational information readily available, not to mention science telemetry, lunar samples, peer-reviewed research, imagery, test and flight hardware, and follow-on technical and operational heritage.  You're simply trying to deny things you're not even dimly aware of. 

What are your intentions by starting this thread?  Do you want to just call people names and assert knowledge you don't actually have?  Or would you like to actually learn something?  If the former, you may provoke people into retaliating, but you can't bluff your way here.  If the latter, you will find a number of knowledgeable people willing to help you. 

Which would you rather do?  Strut and pose, or learn something?

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2015, 03:44:28 AM »

Why, then, is either your alleged prior belief, or your current disbelief, worthy of any particular attention?

That is not up to me. People are free to do with information anything they want.
It is called freedom, mate ;)

In my case, it's because I'm an experienced space systems engineer, with a space physics background, have worked with Apollo engineers, and have examined the record in reasonable detail.

Well. well well. I am glad you wrote this. Your cognitive dissonance will be the greater!
This explains a lot. I mean a LOT.
Are you 'patriotic' too?
On the other hand, why should I believe you? You can write here anything you want!
But , if you are, it explains a LOT.
(so, why do YOU believveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee we have send men to the moon? something must have convinced you! was it the telly? ;)

Good heavens, whatever gave you such a silly idea?  The Apollo program, including its manned and unmanned predecessors, and its scientific and technical legacy, is the most heavily documented engineering program ever.  There is an enormous amount of design, test, and operational information readily available,

I don't doubt that, I don't doubt that at all! But it clearly doesn't say a thing.

not to mention science telemetry, lunar samples, peer-reviewed research, imagery, test and flight hardware, and follow-on technical and operational heritage.  You're simply trying to deny things you're not even dimly aware of. 

I am aware. I have to laugh at 'lunar samples' of courses, because there is none.
They have really taken you in, right?

Do you want to just call people names and assert knowledge you don't actually have?  Or would you like to actually learn something?  If the former, you may provoke people into retaliating, but you can't bluff your way here.  If the latter, you will find a number of knowledgeable people willing to help you. 

No, I don't want to call people names. BUT you don't adress that to people here who are
calling me names! Now what is that?

Which would you rather do?  Strut and pose, or learn something?

Only two options? You ARE funny!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:46:38 AM by Tindarormkimcha »

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2015, 04:01:23 AM »

So you can't work out the significance of the image then.

Suspected not.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2015, 04:04:42 AM »

Oh this one is also hilarious! nasa lost the moontapes!!!!

What do you understand by that? The moon tapes referred to are the SSTV tapes, now these tapes were obsolete even in 1969. They were hard to obtain and extensively reused, all the transmissions were backed on standard recording devices by recording directly from a screen. These original recordings all still exist, nothing was lost.
What would these tapes be used for by hoax proponents? There is only one tape recorder in the world capable of playing them, that remains at the JSC. There is a method of direct conversion now and not all the tapes were lost, some of the 'cleaned up' live video has been available for sometime. But again I ask, how would these tapes somehow aid the hoax believers cause?

I repeat what others have said, you continually ask for proof, but hand wave it away when proffered, yet you offer no proof of your own, just derision and ridicule. You remind me of a combination of two of the worse hoax protagonists on the internet, Adrian and the rodent. If you think that's some form of compliment, think again! :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 04:07:47 AM by Bryanpoprobson »
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2015, 04:09:07 AM »
Quick question, Tindarormkimcha, how do you know the Van Allen Belts even exist? You say they would be too dangerous to pass through, but can you see them from down here on Earth? How do you know anything about them?

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2015, 04:43:51 AM »
while there is no evidence

One simple question for you. What exactly do you consider evidence to be? If you cannot or will not answer that simple question there really is no point in further discussion.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2015, 05:23:27 AM »
Yes, we heard you the first time. Now are you going to back your claims up with anything resembling supporting evidence, or are your merely going to keep throwing tired old hoax believer accusations  and wild conspiracy claims out there? Because that's all you've done so far.

Your word ain't good enough, in other words.

I agree my words are not good enough. Fair enough! I have no problem with that at all. But neither is yours! Or others for that matter!! The people who BELIEVE the non-sense that we have send men to the moon, don't they have to proof THAT? Of course they have to! So far they haven't. Ir really is all about believe. If one BELIEFS the non-sense then very soon everything is accepted as 'evidence'

Geologists looking at Apollo rocks have concluded that they show evidence of being formed in a low-gravity vacuum, and have been bathed in the Sun's solar wind for sometimes hundreds of millions of years.

In your opinion are these geologists mistaken or lying? Or do you consider it possible they know what they're talking about and the rocks are genuinely from the Moon?

Let me put it another way, why do a  lot of people here  blindly accept the 'evidence' ? Most of them are not very critical to their own beliefs.

What evidence do you have that we "blindly accept the evidence"? Please choose one such piece and demonstrate that we must have accepted it blindly.
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2015, 05:26:23 AM »

Hint: have a look at the round object and consider where the image came from.

Not this little black duck.

You'll find here people who are from the UK, Australia and New Zullund, just for starters. We have no reason to automatically cheer for the USA; and if you look elsewhere on this forum you'll find examples where we criticise the USA (and even NASA).
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2015, 05:39:44 AM »

Nope

Yep
(though if I told you, you'd probably cry "fake")
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2015, 06:14:17 AM »
Quick question, Tindarormkimcha, how do you know the Van Allen Belts even exist? You say they would be too dangerous to pass through, but can you see them from down here on Earth? How do you know anything about them?

yes you are right here:

However:

https://www.testofbelievers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/VanAllenBelts-SciAm-Mar1959.pdf

Then look up, this article, page 39

Radiation Belts around the Earth

Instruments borne aloft by artificial satellites and lunar probes
indicate that our planet is encircled by two zones of high-energy
particles, against which space travelers will have to be shielded

by James A. Van Allen