Author Topic: FAR SIDE OF THE MOON  (Read 148069 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: FAR SIDE OF THE MOON
« Reply #225 on: October 19, 2015, 01:18:34 PM »
Nor how to quote.

Indeed, which is one of the reasons I mistook Peter B's comments for Tarkus'.  To me it seemed Tarkus performed a reasonably dispositive experiment, then ignored its results and changed the subject.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #226 on: October 19, 2015, 02:09:50 PM »
Nor how to quote.

Indeed, which is one of the reasons I mistook Peter B's comments for Tarkus'.  To me it seemed Tarkus performed a reasonably dispositive experiment, then ignored its results and changed the subject.
Quotes are not difficult. I often harbour the thought that it is intentional. I was tempted to bork this quote for the sake of irony, but I manfully resisted.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #227 on: October 19, 2015, 02:12:25 PM »
Nor how to quote.

Jay, it was Paul's experiment, not Pete B's.  :)
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #228 on: October 19, 2015, 02:25:16 PM »

All right, I'm just going to give up on proper attribution at this point.  From now on, everyone who isn't me will be called Bob.  Except for Bob.  :P

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2015, 02:38:13 PM »

All right, I'm just going to give up on proper attribution at this point.  From now on, everyone who isn't me will be called Bob.  Except for Bob.  :P
I sincerely hope that's "Bob" Rowan Atkinson style.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2015, 04:45:30 PM »
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2015, 04:58:08 PM »

Bob 1203 checking in
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2015, 05:57:36 PM »

Even me and Andromeda?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2015, 06:44:08 PM »

Even me and Andromeda?
He'll just have to call you ladies Bobbie. :)
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
FAR SIDE OF THE MOON
« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »

Wait - I'm a Bob.  So if you're going to call me Bob because my user name is SUS_Pilot, then you can't call me Bob, because I'm Bob.  So you'll have to call me SUS_Pilot, but you can't do that because everyone who is not Bob is Bob.  But.....
...Norman
...Norman
...Nor -

[Apologies to Stephen Kandel]

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2015, 08:33:54 PM »

Wait - I'm a Bob.  So if you're going to call me Bob because my user name is SUS_Pilot, then you can't call me Bob, because I'm Bob.  So you'll have to call me SUS_Pilot, but you can't do that because everyone who is not Bob is Bob.  But.....
...Norman
...Norman
...Nor -

[Apologies to Stephen Kandel]

So what's your issue, Bob?

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2015, 11:34:55 PM »
Just having fun with it.  I suddenly channeled "I, Mudd"...

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #237 on: October 20, 2015, 11:53:55 AM »
Given my abysmal track record lately with attribution, I can't even trust myself to apply gender-specific monikers.  "Bob" just sounded funniest, for reasons that include but are not limited to Rowan Atkinson.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #238 on: October 20, 2015, 11:57:22 AM »
I'm Bob, and so is my wife.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #239 on: October 20, 2015, 12:03:24 PM »
Given my abysmal track record lately with attribution, I can't even trust myself to apply gender-specific monikers.  "Bob" just sounded funniest, for reasons that include but are not limited to Rowan Atkinson.

Tell me it ain't so!
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan