Author Topic: FAR SIDE OF THE MOON  (Read 148731 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: FAR SIDE OF THE MOON
« Reply #285 on: October 24, 2015, 01:49:35 AM »
LO is gonna have my ass for burning bandwidth like a Saturn V, but here goes...

<snippety>

This brings us to the most serious error of all.  When Tarkus believed he saw a mismatch, he made no attempt whatsoever to try to understand it.  He didn’t try to find out anything about the images.  Hell, he didn’t even ask anyone if they saw something he didn’t.  He just assumed that if he doesn’t understand it, it must be fake.

That’s no way to go through life, kid.

Bravo sir, Bravo :)

I've done similar stuff for ground based photos:

http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/shadows/shadindex.html

and also for the movement of the lunar terminator:

http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/terminator/termindex.html

over the course of the missions, but haven't got as far as 16 yet.

http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/kmz/apollokmz.html

You can also get a good idea of which parts are lit and how that changes by looking at the photos taken from orbit, which I've plotted in google moon (Apollo 16 is still in progress).

Which just goes to show, tarkus, that lots of people have already done the legwork for you if you get off your backside and actually look into the topic properly.

We landed on the moon, and every single documented aspect of the mission - every single one - ties together in a coherent and consistent narrative that matches exactly what history documents and science expects.

Tarkus, your version of events is incoherent, inconsistent and matches nothing that the real world tells you should happen.

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #286 on: October 24, 2015, 04:50:59 AM »
The sun was high during the Apollo 16 mission, near the zenith, the same mission photos prove it. Being the case, the dark side should be dark, you must admit it or prove his point, accuse another of ignorance is no argument.

Here's how the Moon looked, roughly, in April 1972

http://www.calendar-12.com/moon_calendar/1972/april

They landed on April 21st.

That's all the help you get.

Where did they land? You get this from Wikipedia.

Was the Sun at its max, relative to the landing point? You figure it out.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #287 on: October 24, 2015, 06:36:40 AM »
Never picked up a camera, have you?
Did you have sex ever?

You had better start behaving like a mature adult really quick because you are on very thin ice right now. Let me put it more clearly:

STOP insulting people
STOP making immature comments like the one above
START answering our questions

If you do not follow this advice I will ban you.
You are not measured with the same yardstick your friends ... having fun making jokes how are you, in this thread:

This is by far the stupidest post you have made how is the Sun 93 million miles from the earth pass between the Earth and Moon 239000 miles away? Do you ever read or think about your posts?, Or do you just go to a hoax web page and start copying?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #288 on: October 24, 2015, 06:45:33 AM »

The image is from Science Made Stupid: How to Discomprehend the World Around Us by Tom Weller.

The real question is does tarkus understand the satirical nature of it or does he think it's real?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #289 on: October 24, 2015, 06:49:10 AM »
tarkus probably believes it, thanks for the info.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #290 on: October 24, 2015, 07:35:05 AM »
It's out of print now but by kind permission of Tom Weller himself...

http://files.chrispennello.com/tweller/Science%20Made%20Stupid.pdf

I like his periodic table...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #291 on: October 24, 2015, 07:50:30 AM »
It's out of print now but by kind permission of Tom Weller himself...

http://files.chrispennello.com/tweller/Science%20Made%20Stupid.pdf

I like his periodic table...
It'sw all rather bizarre.  Dalhousie would get a kick out of the Types of rocks.
Eugene Cernan

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #292 on: October 24, 2015, 11:52:46 AM »
Tarkus is reposting it from someone else in the discussion.  In irritation, I suspect, at being personally attacked.  As it happens, I have reported a post for using the exact same tactics as he; seriously, people, having sex or not is not evidence of anything but whether or not you've had sex.  Can we not go there?

That said, yes, Tarkus, you're ignorant.  You're willfully ignorant, in fact.  You are demonstrably ignorant because you don't want to learn.  You don't want to learn because you think you know it all, and any time someone points out something that you don't know, you get mad.  You'll notice that Jay has been corrected in this very thread and been gracious about it.  He accepted the correction, because the person showed evidence that he was wrong.  If you read around, you'll note that we all tend to do that.  That's because everyone makes mistakes, and everyone is ignorant of something.  That's okay; there's nothing wrong with that.  What you're doing is wrong, because you are not correcting your ignorance, and you're getting mad at other people for not being as ignorant as you.

Seriously, let's consider something.  Let's say you're right, and NASA has not only never sent a manned mission to the Moon, they've never even sent an unmanned mission to the Moon.  Isn't it more logical to assume that the images of the far side of the Moon would always match, because they'd basically all be the same fake?  It would take less work to have one mock-up of the far side to fake all the others from rather than making it up anew every time, wouldn't it?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #293 on: October 24, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »
You'll notice that Jay has been corrected in this very thread and been gracious about it.  He accepted the correction, because the person showed evidence that he was wrong.

Ka9q and I trade corrections all the time because we're both engineers and that's part of the job culture.  One engineer can be wrong from time to time, but if a group of them has a culture of constantly checking each other's work, then product of that group stands a much smaller chance of being wrong.  Of course I'm gracious because I recognized immediately in each case the error I'd made, and I've learned not to take it personally.  Posting during the day for me means splitting attention between work and forum.  Roll 39 was in my head because I had recently had a conversation with someone about its being recently scanned and put online.  The east-west motion I botched because in my mind the hemisphere of sunlight was rotating counterclockwise, not the Moon.  These are things that I would have frankly thought more about if I had not been trying to get a post out the door in the 90 seconds of free time I had.  Or if I were putting it in a book, or on Clavius.org.

I pay the price for my haste, inattention, and carelessness.  It's not a high price in this case, but high enough that I remember to double check my answers.  But how can I argue with the facts?  If the facts say I'm wrong, then no amount of pouting, lashing out, or digging in will fix that.  Credibility is not sticking to your guns at all costs.  Credibility is showing you go where the facts go, even if you pay a personal price for the trip.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #294 on: October 24, 2015, 12:41:03 PM »
And Jay, mentioned the fact you were wrong, something that our hoaxers don't seem to have the ability or desire to say.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
« Reply #295 on: October 24, 2015, 01:51:30 PM »

The image is from Science Made Stupid: How to Discomprehend the World Around Us by Tom Weller.

The real question is does tarkus understand the satirical nature of it or does he think it's real?

The better question is what the hell does a Japanese car have to do with an eclipse?   ::)
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #296 on: October 24, 2015, 02:03:13 PM »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline tarkus

• Venus
« Reply #297 on: October 24, 2015, 04:02:31 PM »
LO is gonna have my ass for burning bandwidth like a Saturn V, but here goes...

Now answer this: WHY WAS DAY IN THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF APOLLO 16 moon landing?

Why should anyone answer your questions?  You don’t answer any, why should we?

At any rate the question is wrong.  This isn’t the “opposite side” from the Apollo 16 landing site.  “Orion” landed at latitude 8° 58’ S, longitude 15° 30’ E.  AS16-M-3021 is centered at latitude 12° N, longitude 103° 42’ E which is just over a quarter of the way around the Moon from the landing site.
You were also wrong to compare AS15-M-3021 (centered at 12° N, 103° 42’ E )…

That’s no way to go through life, kid.
I deeply appreciate his work, is what distinguishes it from other trolls who only know how to insult and then rush to denounce the moderator when they meet their permanent lack of respect, I congratulate you.
I still have two doubts because according to the lunar calendar, the 25th of April, almost the entire side pointing to Earth was lit, leaving the dark side at night.

http://www.moonconnection.com/moon_phases_calendar.phtml
According to the timetable, the ideal to photograph the dark side was the week of the 14th, long before 25.

And the second question is the same date as Apollo 16 returned just two days later (April 27), but that is impossible, the return can not take less than three days.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #298 on: October 24, 2015, 04:43:46 PM »
Here is the mission report.
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/frame.html select A16, choose mission report
Lunar Ascent 175: 3 1:4 8
TEI 200:21: 3 3
Landing 265: 51:05
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #299 on: October 24, 2015, 04:44:35 PM »
You act like photographing the far side of the moon was the primary mission, tarkus. The Lunar Orbiter missions already mapped 99% of the moon long before Apollo 16.
Also, self-righteous posturing about  'trolls' is laughable in the face of your own comments.