Author Topic: Shenzhou 7?  (Read 165980 times)

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
Re: Shenzhou 7?
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2012, 07:57:17 PM »
Hahahahahahaha.  Read a comment to one of the youtube videos on the Shenzhou 7...

"**** it, it really doesn't matter. I don't believe China spacewalked, and that's my final word. Even IF (pretty HUGE IF), this was real, nice job, China, you did something everyone else can already do... Congratulations... That's like bragging that you invented a bottle that holds liquids.

Too little, too late, China. Go have fun with your communism lol.

PS: Mao sucks ass."
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.” -- Kahlil Gibran

My blog about life, universe, and everything: http://solusl.blogspot.com/

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2012, 08:55:29 PM »
Ah, maturity!
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2012, 08:58:09 PM »
The part I found amusing, is that he's basically saying China couldn't spacewalk so they must have faked it (implying it's too difficult for them), and then IN THE SAME POST said that spacewalking is easy and everyone's done it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:00:30 PM by SolusLupus »
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.” -- Kahlil Gibran

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2012, 04:41:51 AM »
Vincent, I think you must be trolling, now.  That's a disappointing realisation - I guess I won't be so gullible in future when I see someone profess to have 'seen the light' after making exactly the same sort of ridiculous claims - based on ignorance and hanging around tinfoilhat websites and youtube - first with Apollo, and now this..?

The only other possibility is that you genuinely believe that oversaturating and playing with RGB sliders on a video is a valid method of proving what you wish to believe, and that you haven't bothered to actually think about the basic mechanics/physics and all the potential causes for these 'effects' that you (want to) think show fakery.

Either you have learnt nothing, or it's a troll.  So I'll go with the latter.

Thing is, by now you should KNOW that there are many folks here that have a wealth of technical knowledge, that have seen countless hours of spacewalk footage, that understand how videos should/could be *properly* analysed, that have seen countless hours of underwater astronaut training, and that have the experience and wisdom you clearly do NOT have, to make an educated judgement.  As for me, I may not have a pile of letters after my name, but I get by.. eg I certainly know dam well that what would you did with that video to faux-analyse the colours was nothing more than a ridiculous stunt, with not a shred of science behind it..

HAD you simply come here and expressed your concerns about various aspects of that footage, I and others would have been willing to assist you in going through the why's and wherefore's of how to investigate it properly.

But you didn't do that, rather wishing to emulate the tactics of 'tapdance'boy.    Shame on you, and him.

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2012, 05:07:08 AM »
We know human space travel is possible.  We know China is becoming a real economic power.  They have the resources and man-power to get into space.  There's footage.  There's photos.  There's telemetry.  There's satellites.

I'm sorry, this just isn't a plausible hoax.

This is pretty much what I'm sticking with.  I don't see any reason to change it.  If Vincent decides to come in and try to argue the case again, I invite him to read it again.

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2012, 02:47:46 PM »
Guys. Guys. GUYS! Can I have your attention please? Vincent PM'd with the truth the other night.

I'll send you the video of Neil saying good things about my source.

At 2:00 in you'll hear Neil saying good things about my source.

Apparently, this "source" is the one who provided proof that the Shenzou 7 spacewalk was faked. This is the link he didn't want to post to protect his source's privacy.

::)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:52:53 PM by Inanimate Carbon Rod »
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2012, 03:05:16 PM »
He doesn't say any good things about the creator of the video. He just talks about the descent.

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2012, 03:18:47 PM »
He doesn't say any good things about the creator of the video. He just talks about the descent.

It seems we don't have the ability, that the woos have, to spot hidden meaning.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2012, 03:38:35 PM »
Never mind all this Chinese hoaxing nonsense, that was a cool video.  Doubly so because it was narrated by Armstrong. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »
Vincent isn't woo, he's just a bit, er, young.

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2012, 05:48:24 PM »
Never mind all this Chinese hoaxing nonsense, that was a cool video.  Doubly so because it was narrated by Armstrong.

You're spot on - anything with Neil in is a joy to watch. That man could read a telephone directory out loud and I'd watch it enraptured.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 05:53:30 PM by Inanimate Carbon Rod »

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »
Vincent isn't woo, he's just a bit, er, young.

Hidden messages and implied meaning? Come on, that's a woo. Wooism is age independant.

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2012, 06:04:11 PM »
Meh, his logic is off, as is all these people's.  The thing is, to them, it's just like believers in sorcerors/witches way back... there's the possessed/tricked, the demons, and the ordinary people.  Ordinary people can be potentially trusted, but if they support "the story", they're tricked or "possessed" by demons (paid off, afraid to speak up, etc.), while the demons are the worst of the worst, and everything they say must either support they're demons, or are innately lies that should be discarded as such.

Once you adopt that mindset, it goes that route.  In this case, the Chinese Govt. are the demons (and Communists in general, I suppose), and the engineers are the possessed/tricked.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2012, 09:49:31 PM »
I have returned from an accidental hiatus from this website. (I actually forgot about it... lol).
My friend and I plan to wave a flag under water and film it using his GoPro. If we get results similar to the Chinese video, that proves it CAN be done underwater. If we don't, I'll retract all of my claims that this mission was faked.
"It looks better now, Al. What change did you make?"
"I just hit it on the top with my hammer."

-Mission Control and Alan Bean on Apollo 12 after the TV camera failed.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2012, 09:53:04 PM »
How do you know, for example, that the tethers do not move upwards naturally because that is the shape they want to adopt because of the materials they are made of? Deprived of external forces like gravity, flexible objects will adopt their lowest energy shape, i.e. one with the least tension and compression in them. You seem to be expecting them to simply adopt whatever shape they are put in and stay there.

Hm. So you're now saying that flags like to float up in free -fall? hahahahaaha. That's a good one.
"It looks better now, Al. What change did you make?"
"I just hit it on the top with my hammer."

-Mission Control and Alan Bean on Apollo 12 after the TV camera failed.