Author Topic: Shenzhou 7?  (Read 164315 times)

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
Re: Shenzhou 7?
« Reply #255 on: July 03, 2012, 07:39:25 PM »
Crickets chirp...

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #256 on: July 03, 2012, 08:46:45 PM »
Maybe the Chinese got him, what with him revealing the truth about their plans.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:51:35 PM by carpediem »

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #257 on: July 03, 2012, 10:30:36 PM »
I am sure the video was faked because I did orbital analysis with SZ-7 and compared the scene in the ‘live video’ and found many inconsistencies, e.g. the spacecraft was actually flying over a land while the ‘live video’ showed ocean on its camera (pointing backward of its moving direction).
Sorry I don’t have time for now to explain the details, but if you are interested I could later send you my communications with a friend on this. If you happen to be an amateur radio /astronomy fan you could do the orbital analysis yourself. The orbital parameters (TLE) can be downloaded from http://www.space-track.org/ , the catalogue number for SZ-7 is 33386.

Wait -- he's basing his entire conclusion on the the fact that the ground appearing in the video didn't match where he thought the spacecraft should be at the time?? I happen to know a fair bit about satellite tracking, having written software from scratch to do it, so I can authoritatively say that this is just plain silly.

Which of these possibilities seem more likely?

1. The orbital elements were off. Manned spacecraft in low earth orbit are notorious for the very short lifetimes of their published orbital element sets. Manned spacecraft frequently maneuver, and they're usually in such low orbits that atmospheric drag is both significant and unpredictable, as it depends on solar activity and the orientation of the spacecraft. A small amount of unmodeled drag will integrate quickly (often over less than a day) to significant along-track position errors.

So the NORAD elesets are often out of date by the time a civilian gets them from official sources. Sometimes they're out of date even when NORAD gets them, as it depends on their source: recent NORAD tracking or simply passed on from the spacecraft operator. (I have personally generated an element set for a satellite, given it to NORAD, and seen it appear later in their published elesets).

2. The spacewalk broadcast wasn't actually 'live' - the Chinese (or some news agency) recorded the EVA and played it later. Many recordings are made of broadcasts with the word LIVE on the screen, and obviously that word does not apply when the recordings are played back.

3. Zheng was confused about his geography and where the camera was actually pointing.

4. The Chinese faked the whole thing, doing such an outstanding job on the special effects that nearly every western space engineer (except for Zheng) is still completely fooled.

This is basically all that needs to be asked at this point.
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.” -- Kahlil Gibran

My blog about life, universe, and everything: http://solusl.blogspot.com/

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #258 on: July 03, 2012, 10:32:44 PM »

Don't mind me, I'm just waiting for Vincent.

“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.” -- Kahlil Gibran

My blog about life, universe, and everything: http://solusl.blogspot.com/

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #259 on: July 04, 2012, 02:36:03 AM »
I'm back everyone! I completely forgot about this website! I've been busy playing Orbiter and working on my capsule and I do have one announcement to make regarding Shenzhou 5.
I went through some footage and found that there is video of the astronaut in Shenzhou five in his cabin in zero-g for over two minutes at a time.

Scratch one hoax theory. I still have to get a miniature flag so I can do the underwater experiment. I'm fresh out of money.
"It looks better now, Al. What change did you make?"
"I just hit it on the top with my hammer."

-Mission Control and Alan Bean on Apollo 12 after the TV camera failed.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #260 on: July 04, 2012, 02:41:18 AM »
Vincent
These are my questions for you:
1. Did you or did you not go to the pool, after declaring you were "just off" there?
1a. If you did, what did you find?

I did not. When I got there, there was a bunch of people there and the water hadn't even been cleaned... It was literally green. Needless to say, I turned RIGHT around.

2. Why do you choose to believe a single non-expert over many experts in this matter?
No. I simply used him as evidence that some experts do doubt this mission.

3. Why did you declare that your "expert" claimed the mission was fake, when the email you allegedly received from him does not say that?

Because his original interview had him state the mission was faked. His email expresses severe doubt.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly:
4. I note you make the same arguments in the same way as Turbonium in this thread: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136948&st=195
Do you have a connection to Turbonium, and if so, what is it?

I have nothing in connection with Turbonium. I have only ever been on Unexplained Mysteries once and I never registered. There was a thread on which I was lurking. I think it was about Hitler surviving WWII or something. (I don't believe that...)
I register on ALL forums with the name "VincentMcConnell."
You can verify this by going to the Orbiter-Forum, the KerbalSpaceProgram forum and, of course, this forum. I see no reason to hide behind a username and using my real name allows people to contact me easier.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #261 on: July 04, 2012, 02:44:54 AM »
Let me guess, you didn't manage to get the flag to move underwater the way you said it would, in fact it behaved exactly as other posters here predicted... and you don't want to admit it.
Vincent, if you've realised you were wrong, it's okay.  Just say so.

No. I didn't get a chance to try it. I will gladly admit I was wrong if the flag does not move underwater. Afterall, I now believe Shenzhou 5 flew in space and I have video to prove it. If I can't get the flag to move within three tries, I'll make a thread right on the General Discussion Board called "Flag Does Not Move Underwater: Shenzhou 7 Validated!"

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #262 on: July 04, 2012, 02:46:35 AM »
Is there a faint possibility, that you yourself might be wrong?

There is a huge possibility.
Until I can get the experiment done, I shouldn't even say Shenzhou 7 was faked. I should say I'm on the fence until I can perform an experiment to prove or discredit my claims of fakery on China's part.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #263 on: July 04, 2012, 02:50:20 AM »
Hello, Everyone. My replies have been very seldom for quite a few reasons.
1.) I forgot about this website for a few days.
2.) I have been building a spacecraft mockup for simulated space missions.
3.) I've been playing too much Orbiter...
On to my point now. After remembering I still have an experiment to perform, I will continue forth with the following attitude: I do not know Shenzhou 7 was faked. But I don't know it was real. Science dictates I MUST complete an experiment to either prove or discredit my claims of fakery. I am very close to actually filling up the bath tub right now and trying to wave a flag in it, but I'm not sure it will be deep enough.
If I do this and receive results that Chinese Men walked in space, I will create a thread on the GD board. I will not hide my results or my beliefs. I admitted I was wrong about Apollo and that was a WAY bigger part of my life than Shenzhou.
I will return very shortly with results.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #264 on: July 04, 2012, 03:14:58 AM »
Let me guess, you didn't manage to get the flag to move underwater the way you said it would, in fact it behaved exactly as other posters here predicted... and you don't want to admit it.

No. I didn't get a chance to try it. I will gladly admit I was wrong if the flag does not move underwater. Afterall, I now believe Shenzhou 5 flew in space and I have video to prove it. If I can't get the flag to move within three tries, I'll make a thread right on the General Discussion Board called "Flag Does Not Move Underwater: Shenzhou 7 Validated!"

I think you might want to re-examine that premise. We have not said that the flag would not move underwater. You will of course get the flag to move in the water. The point is that it won't move with the same degree of freedom as the one in the video. It's not a simple case of getting the flag to move, but getting it to accurately reproduce what is seen in the video.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #265 on: July 04, 2012, 04:11:34 AM »

I think you might want to re-examine that premise. We have not said that the flag would not move underwater. You will of course get the flag to move in the water. The point is that it won't move with the same degree of freedom as the one in the video. It's not a simple case of getting the flag to move, but getting it to accurately reproduce what is seen in the video.

Assuming the space walk was faked and for Vincent's "experiment" to have any validity whatsoever he will need to replicate the physical conditions of the "fake" space walk, e.g. material properties of the flag, depth and temperature of the water, the chemicals present in the water. I have already pointed this out to Vincent, but he disagrees.
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #266 on: July 04, 2012, 04:19:11 AM »
Vincent there are multiple questions you haven't answered, so I have reproduced them below in a list so you can quickly answer them:

So, some questions, Vincent:

I did orbital analysis with SZ-7 and compared the scene in the ‘live video’ and found many inconsistencies, e.g. the spacecraft was actually flying over a land while the ‘live video’ showed ocean on its camera (pointing backward of its moving direction).

Which way was the camera pointing?

What portion of the Earth could you expect the camera to be able to see? Does it, for example, only see the land or ocean directly below the spacecraft?

What positional error would be required compared to the published parameters for the spacecraft to be over ocean instead of land?

Is such an error within the normal range when comparing published and actual positions of orbital spacecraft?

And finally:

When are you going to take those ten minutes you promised to point out the time reference in the original video you posted I asked you for some time ago? The one where we see the taikonaut's legs float up of their own accord.

Vincent, please consider this a formal request, if you wish to 'use' this alleged expert as an authority.

Qu Zheng stated, according to you:
I did orbital analysis with SZ-7 and compared the scene in the ‘live video’ and found many inconsistencies

Post that orbital analysis.  In full.

And to Qu Zheng, if you are watching this unfold, why don't *you* do that?  I'll happily admit I'm no orbital-mechanics whiz, but I do know what a decent analysis will look like and how to verify the approach that was taken.  And given we have a goodly number of folks here who DO know all about the topic, here's Qu Zheng's chance for an informal 'peer review' - if I had come up with a theory like this I would be most eager to bounce it off experts...

May I place a bet?  I bet that the excuses will come thick and fast, but no analysis will appear.

Even a cursory look at some of the posts on this thread should make an 'analytical pretender' realise what a complete mess he has made of this one...

Prove me wrong, Vincent/Qu.

Yes. Please post that orbital analysis. I want to see:

1. Every available TLE (three line element) set for the SZ-7 spacecraft with epoch dates +/- 1 day of the spacewalk.

The numbers in an element set define an orbit and the position and velocity of the spacecraft within that orbit at the epoch time. A tracking program can then determine position and velocity at other times, but accuracy degrades the farther you go from the epoch in either direction. The predictions are also invalid if an orbital maneuver was made between the epoch and time of prediction.

I want to see how closely the predicted positions match for the different element sets. This will tell me how quickly the orbit was being perturbed by maneuvers and unmodeled drag, and from that I can estimate the accuracy of the predicted position using the 'best' element set, i.e., the one with the epoch closest to the time of the spacewalk.

If all the element sets +/-1 day give nearly identical positions during the EVA, then I can feel pretty confident about their accuracy. But if element sets with epochs just a few hours apart give radically different positions, then all of them are suspect.

I will also be able to detect any gross errors in the element sets, e.g., if one gives an entirely different orbit than the others.

2. The universal times of EVA start and finish. These are given in the Wikipedia article as follows; is there any dispute about them?

Zhai leaves airlock: 0843 UTC 27 Sept 2008
Zhai returns to orbital module: 0900 UTC

3. The video of the spacewalk with the earth geography below (if any) identified.

Add to the fact the Chinese are using space ship and space suit technology influenced by directly by Russian technology, which has a proven pedigree that spans decades.

Also, no one doubts the Russian achievements, not a single one. All the Chinese are doing is replicating things that the Russians have done, using technology derived from the Russians.

What do you think about that Vincent?

I am sure the video was faked because I did orbital analysis with SZ-7 and compared the scene in the ‘live video’ and found many inconsistencies, e.g. the spacecraft was actually flying over a land while the ‘live video’ showed ocean on its camera (pointing backward of its moving direction).
Sorry I don’t have time for now to explain the details, but if you are interested I could later send you my communications with a friend on this. If you happen to be an amateur radio /astronomy fan you could do the orbital analysis yourself. The orbital parameters (TLE) can be downloaded from http://www.space-track.org/ , the catalogue number for SZ-7 is 33386.

Wait -- he's basing his entire conclusion on the the fact that the ground appearing in the video didn't match where he thought the spacecraft should be at the time?? I happen to know a fair bit about satellite tracking, having written software from scratch to do it, so I can authoritatively say that this is just plain silly.

1. The orbital elements were off. Manned spacecraft in low earth orbit are notorious for the very short lifetimes of their published orbital element sets. Manned spacecraft frequently maneuver, and they're usually in such low orbits that atmospheric drag is both significant and unpredictable, as it depends on solar activity and the orientation of the spacecraft. A small amount of unmodeled drag will integrate quickly (often over less than a day) to significant along-track position errors.

So the NORAD elesets are often out of date by the time a civilian gets them from official sources. Sometimes they're out of date even when NORAD gets them, as it depends on their source: recent NORAD tracking or simply passed on from the spacecraft operator. (I have personally generated an element set for a satellite, given it to NORAD, and seen it appear later in their published elesets).

2. The spacewalk broadcast wasn't actually 'live' - the Chinese (or some news agency) recorded the EVA and played it later. Many recordings are made of broadcasts with the word LIVE on the screen, and obviously that word does not apply when the recordings are played back.

3. Zheng was confused about his geography and where the camera was actually pointing.

4. The Chinese faked the whole thing, doing such an outstanding job on the special effects that nearly every western space engineer (except for Zheng) is still completely fooled.

Please answer them all in full, addressing each point and show your calculations whenever appropriate.

Please don't start handwaving, evading the questions etc
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #267 on: July 04, 2012, 04:24:18 AM »
I'll get to it right now.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #268 on: July 04, 2012, 04:35:16 AM »
I did orbital analysis with SZ-7 and compared the scene in the ‘live video’ and found many inconsistencies, e.g. the spacecraft was actually flying over a land while the ‘live video’ showed ocean on its camera (pointing backward of its moving direction).
Which way was the camera pointing?

I don't know. That was Dr. Zheng's statement... Not mine.

What portion of the Earth could you expect the camera to be able to see? Does it, for example, only see the land or ocean directly below the spacecraft?
What positional error would be required compared to the published parameters for the spacecraft to be over ocean instead of land?
Is such an error within the normal range when comparing published and actual positions of orbital spacecraft?

Again, these were not my statements. I was simply quoting Dr. Zheng. You'll have to ask him if you have any questions regarding his stance.

And finally:
When are you going to take those ten minutes you promised to point out the time reference in the original video you posted I asked you for some time ago? The one where we see the taikonaut's legs float up of their own accord.

As soon as I'm done replying to all of these questions. I've been EXTREMELY busy these past few days and Shenzhou hadn't even crossed my mind until tonight really.

Qu Zheng stated, according to you...
I did orbital analysis with SZ-7 and compared the scene in the ‘live video’ and found many inconsistencies
Post that orbital analysis.  In full.

The analysis was Dr. Zheng's not mine. You can email him if you'd like. His email is public domain through a JPL address. If you don't believe he truly sent me the email I claim he did, feel free to ask him. I will PM his email address to you if you want. I will ask him before I do so.

And to Qu Zheng, if you are watching this unfold, why don't *you* do that?  I'll happily admit I'm no orbital-mechanics whiz, but I do know what a decent analysis will look like and how to verify the approach that was taken.  And given we have a goodly number of folks here who DO know all about the topic, here's Qu Zheng's chance for an informal 'peer review' - if I had come up with a theory like this I would be most eager to bounce it off experts...
May I place a bet?  I bet that the excuses will come thick and fast, but no analysis will appear.
Even a cursory look at some of the posts on this thread should make an 'analytical pretender' realise what a complete mess he has made of this one...

Orbital Mechanics aren't that complicated. If there was anything wrong with his analysis, we'd all notice. I have seen no analysis from him and I cannot provide one as those were his statements. If you wish to see one, feel free to ask him.

Yes. Please post that orbital analysis. I want to see:
1. Every available TLE (three line element) set for the SZ-7 spacecraft with epoch dates +/- 1 day of the spacewalk.
The numbers in an element set define an orbit and the position and velocity of the spacecraft within that orbit at the epoch time. A tracking program can then determine position and velocity at other times, but accuracy degrades the farther you go from the epoch in either direction. The predictions are also invalid if an orbital maneuver was made between the epoch and time of prediction.
I want to see how closely the predicted positions match for the different element sets. This will tell me how quickly the orbit was being perturbed by maneuvers and unmodeled drag, and from that I can estimate the accuracy of the predicted position using the 'best' element set, i.e., the one with the epoch closest to the time of the spacewalk.
If all the element sets +/-1 day give nearly identical positions during the EVA, then I can feel pretty confident about their accuracy. But if element sets with epochs just a few hours apart give radically different positions, then all of them are suspect.
I will also be able to detect any gross errors in the element sets, e.g., if one gives an entirely different orbit than the others.
2. The universal times of EVA start and finish. These are given in the Wikipedia article as follows; is there any dispute about them?
Zhai leaves airlock: 0843 UTC 27 Sept 2008
Zhai returns to orbital module: 0900 UTC
3. The video of the spacewalk with the earth geography below (if any) identified.

Dr. Zheng's email is readily available to anyone. Ask him any questions you have about his analysis. I simply quoted the statement he left me.

Also, no one doubts the Russian achievements, not a single one.
There are plenty of people who doubt the Russian space achievements of the early sixties. If you mean experts, I haven't done much research into that and couldn't tell you.[/quote]
What do you think about that Vincent?

I think I feel totally indifferent. What's your point?

Every single point and question here is a good question for Dr. Zheng himself. All I did was quote the statement he gave me to show what he thought about the spacewalk. If you have any questions about his analysis,  since I am not Dr. Zheng, I cannot answer those questions. You will have to run those by him yourself.

Please answer them all in full, addressing each point and show your calculations whenever appropriate.
Please don't start handwaving, evading the questions etc

I'll gladly address the claims I made. But I simply can't answer for Dr. Zheng, as I am not Dr. Zheng.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #269 on: July 04, 2012, 04:37:31 AM »
Assuming the space walk was faked and for Vincent's "experiment" to have any validity whatsoever he will need to replicate the physical conditions of the "fake" space walk, e.g. material properties of the flag, depth and temperature of the water, the chemicals present in the water. I have already pointed this out to Vincent, but he disagrees.

How am I to know what they used for the water and the possible water tank in which it may have been filmed? The conspiracy theory simply states that it was filmed underwater.