Author Topic: Photos from Apollo 11 film footage  (Read 186814 times)

Offline Tedward

• Mars
Re: Photos from Apollo 11 film footage
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2012, 04:24:01 AM »
profmunkin, if I may. Interesting thing with this flag is you can try this yourself to see what happens. That is of course in an atmosphere and observe the results and compare.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2012, 07:07:20 AM »
Please.  You make this kind of statement at the same time you complain in another thread of mistreatment while just asking simple questions.  There are no simple questions with you, everything is wrapped up within the belief that some unknown phenomenon is really the cause and then you deflect the prosaic when it is laid out right in front of you.

Its Hyperbole

It's backtracking because you now realize that the statement is revealing of the irrationality underlying your arguments.  You also reinforce my point, if we cannot differentiate between "hyperbole" and what you really mean, don't complain when people respond to the irrationality underlying your posts.  It is there for all to see.   
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline profmunkin

• Mars
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »
It's backtracking because you now realize that the statement is revealing of the irrationality underlying your arguments.  You also reinforce my point, if we cannot differentiate between "hyperbole" and what you really mean, don't complain when people respond to the irrationality underlying your posts.  It is there for all to see.

leave it here with words of wisdom from Bob B.
"Since the flag did indeed move, then obviously there is a not very obvious explanation."

Offline profmunkin

• Mars
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2012, 10:16:17 AM »
profmunkin, if I may. Interesting thing with this flag is you can try this yourself to see what happens. That is of course in an atmosphere and observe the results and compare.
Thanks for the positive suggestion.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2012, 11:25:22 AM »
"Since the flag did indeed move, then obviously there is a not very obvious explanation."

The explanation for the movement of the flag may not be immediately obvious, but all the plausible explanations are obviously quite prosaic.  Please don't think for a moment that I endorse any of the hoax explanations, obviously.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2012, 11:25:56 AM »

Hyperbole

Offline profmunkin

• Mars
« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »
  Please don't think for a moment that I endorse any of the hoax explanations, obviously.
OBVIOUSLY

I agree with your comment and you become suspicious. You guys are so paranoid.

I have no agenda.PERIOD.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »
You guys are so paranoid.

No. What we are is experienced with semi-closeted conspiracy believers. Those that feel free to sugest almost any cause except the prosaic and explained, but back off from any actual responsibility for supporting their posts.

Offline profmunkin

• Mars
« Reply #248 on: April 18, 2012, 03:37:50 PM »
You guys are so paranoid.

No. What we are is experienced with semi-closeted conspiracy believers. Those that feel free to sugest almost any cause except the prosaic and explained, but back off from any actual responsibility for supporting their posts.
Point taken.

Offline slang

• Venus
« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2012, 08:27:44 PM »
You can't even be positive that this is not an unknown phenomenon that happens in a vacuum, with strong radiation from the sun, with synthetic materials.

Which immediately raises the question why no such effect was ever observed without an astronaut moving very close to, and possibly, maybe even probably, touching the flag.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2012, 12:11:13 PM »
I agree with your comment and you become suspicious. You guys are so paranoid.
The "I'm just asking questions" approach is the most common one used by conspiracy theorists when debating.

Your agreement was equivocal, forcing Bob to issue a clarification.  Don't like to be misunderstood?  Don't equivocate.

I have no agenda.PERIOD.
Your agenda is apparently to confirm your prior belief that we are closed-minded irrational believers in the authenticity of Apollo.  That's what the "I'm just asking questions" approach is designed to achieve.  It baits people into responding to hoax arguments, then tries to achieve a rhetorical victory by pointing out that there's apparently no one actually defending the hoax.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline profmunkin

• Mars
« Reply #251 on: April 22, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »
Your agenda is apparently to confirm your prior belief that we are closed-minded irrational believers in the authenticity of Apollo.  That's what the "I'm just asking questions" approach is designed to achieve.  It baits people into responding to hoax arguments, then tries to achieve a rhetorical victory by pointing out that there's apparently no one actually defending the hoax.

I told Professor James Moriarty that his scheme would never fool you guys.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #252 on: April 22, 2012, 01:54:21 PM »
Oh, your games are far too tedious and predictable for him.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Not Myself

• Earth
  • Unwanted Irritant
« Reply #253 on: May 11, 2012, 11:27:25 PM »
Yes, many thousands of us have studied sequential-logic control systems since the late 1930s and practice the techniques professionally.

Wow, from the photo I've seen, you're looking quite good for someone who's been studying sequential-logic control systems since the late 1930s.  ;D

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  I'll go now . . .
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:35:18 PM by Coelacanth »
The internet - where bigfoot is real and the moon landings aren't.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #254 on: May 12, 2012, 01:41:36 AM »
Yes, many thousands of us have studied sequential-logic control systems since the late 1930s and practice the techniques professionally.

Wow, from the photo I've seen, you're looking quite good for someone who's been studying sequential-logic control systems since the late 1930s.  ;D

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  I'll go now . . .
I suppose he could, in theory, if he had a womb with a view.  :P