Author Topic: Uh oh! Jarrah's mad at SG Collins!  (Read 56377 times)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: Uh oh! Jarrah's mad at SG Collins!
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »
I should add, that since Jarrah is not a member here, I am allowed to say, Jarrah is an idiot. Sue me. Cos I can prove it to be true.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2013, 03:23:42 PM »
I don't think he's an idiot, it would be more appropriate to label him as intellecturlly dishonest. He might be of average intelligence, but he's just uneducated, and unwilling to learn.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2013, 03:42:17 PM »
He's going to school primarily for Media/Filmmaking, I think, but IIRC he had said that he was going to be taking some astronautics-related courses.  I wonder if he just found out how wrong he is, and/or how unimpressed his instructors were with his brilliant insights.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2013, 05:39:25 PM »
And I lurked that thread. Jarrah became more and more shrill. It was informative to watch how he had no self control, and could not help ramping up to the nonsense.

I note a bit of improvement over his infamous Yahoo! days.   I think his tenure there was measured in just a few short days, punctuated with several calls from posters for him to retain civility and refrain from vulgarity -- all of which was met by the derisive justification that it was okay for him to be that mad since I was just so incomparably evil.

I differ with you there. He would be entirely happy to engage in any public debate over which he has full editorial control. What does that tell you?

I defer to your judgment.  What I think he wants to do is orchestrate a public cinematic or theatrical event from whose director's cut which he emerges as an intellectual giant, having vanquished all his foes.

Yeah, I'm not going to perform in that.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2013, 10:00:42 PM »
I should add, that since Jarrah is not a member here, I am allowed to say, Jarrah is an idiot. Sue me. Cos I can prove it to be true.

Meh.  I just don't think it adds anything of quality to say it.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Rob260259

• Earth
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2013, 10:22:03 AM »
http://gizmodo.com/5977205/why-the-moon-landings-could-have-never-ever-been-faked-the-definitive-proof

"This video is so good, so incredibly brilliant, solid and simple, that you will want to paste it all over your Facebooks and Twitters just to piss off all the IMBECILES who still claim that the Moon landings were faked.* The reason is simple: the technology to fake it didn't exist. "

I guess it's more about the same...

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2013, 03:19:10 PM »
http://gizmodo.com/5977205/why-the-moon-landings-could-have-never-ever-been-faked-the-definitive-proof

"This video is so good, so incredibly brilliant, solid and simple, that you will want to paste it all over your Facebooks and Twitters just to piss off all the IMBECILES who still claim that the Moon landings were faked.* The reason is simple: the technology to fake it didn't exist. "

I guess it's more about the same...

And if you didn't read the comments, you might have missed this....

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2013, 05:45:42 PM »
I wonder if Jarrah has cottoned on to the fact that SG really doesn't give a stuff one way or another what he thinks of him. SG is making real video projects for real paying clients. Jarrah is making YT videos about Apollo. I know who I'll turn to for assistance in any pro TV work I intend to do.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2013, 02:23:31 AM »
He tilts at windmills very easily.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »
Only Fools and Horses was also notable for very stark differences between set shots and location shots.  I remember be struck by this as a kid.  It was my earliest awareness of the intricacies of television production.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2013, 11:23:38 AM »
Fawlty Towers, too.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2013, 12:11:19 PM »
I remember noticing it as a child, when my mother watched British things on Mystery! 
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »
For me it was John Pertwee era Doctor Who. The first story of the 3rd Doctor was shot entirely on film, and then onwards it was a combination of film/VT.
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2013, 04:02:05 AM »
Fawlty Towers, too.
BBC Chronicles of Narnina,  All Creatures Great And Small, Monty Python's Flying Circus. When I think of this 'trope', I think of the BBC.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2013, 07:52:07 AM »
It was standard BBC practice to shoot interiors on VT and location (and some effect-heavy sequences) on film, right from the earliest days of television.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain