Author Topic: Apollo 13  (Read 174314 times)

Offline armillary

• Mercury
Re: Apollo 13
« Reply #240 on: October 18, 2013, 02:29:54 PM »
Alas, I came too late for the argument... then again, there wasn't much of one. Or is this Abuse?

I also keep wondering why the Vertical Assembly Building is so dangerous...

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #241 on: October 18, 2013, 02:46:30 PM »
Did you pay for the full hour, or just five minutes?

He'll be back, probably. Most HB'ers don't flounce for good until third time.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #242 on: October 18, 2013, 02:52:19 PM »
Well, I've seen a bunch of safety guys in there standing around more or less under an Orbiter swaying gently under the big crane.   Maybe their job descriptions include "Act as contingency crushable impact energy absorber."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 02:56:10 PM by sts60 »

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #243 on: October 18, 2013, 04:26:15 PM »
A truly textbook appearance.  Come in with one question, Apollo 13 temperatures, when that fails to get traction, switch to the multi question approach and yell about mistreatment.  When questions get answered and yelling doesn't get traction, settle on radiation then fall on their own sword.  Why is it always radiation?  All we have left is the attempt to have the last word after the initial flounce that winds up as just more name calling, because they just can't help it.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #244 on: October 18, 2013, 04:42:07 PM »
A truly textbook appearance.  Come in with one question, Apollo 13 temperatures, when that fails to get traction, switch to the multi question approach and yell about mistreatment.  When questions get answered and yelling doesn't get traction, settle on radiation then fall on their own sword.  Why is it always radiation?  All we have left is the attempt to have the last word after the initial flounce that winds up as just more name calling, because they just can't help it.

HB's do seem to follow a predictable sequence don't they.

I guess that's probably why HB Bingo works so well!! :)
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #245 on: October 18, 2013, 04:42:38 PM »
Well, I've seen a bunch of safety guys in there standing around more or less under an Orbiter swaying gently under the big crane.   Maybe their job descriptions include "Act as contingency crushable impact energy absorber."

That could mean an amazing business card.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #246 on: October 18, 2013, 05:06:06 PM »
As long as you aren't a male member of the gravitational acceleration services team.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #247 on: October 18, 2013, 06:46:22 PM »

A guy I know moved into middle management and put "Sacrificial Layer" as his job title on his business card.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #248 on: October 18, 2013, 10:01:37 PM »
I'm leaving this thread because .....  I'd prefer not to hear any more of it...

So another CT tucks his tail and runs, leaving behind the requisite face-saver as salve for his butt whooping.  I maintain hope that someday one will stray from the script just far enough to attain a sliver of enlightenment, but this one doesn't appear to be that guy.  He's just another unremarkable specimen within the HB herd.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2013, 10:27:45 PM »
It was fun while it lasted. That may sound cynical and flippant, but I actually mean it.
I always learn so much while we try to educate a conspiracy theorist.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2013, 11:55:48 PM »
Yes, you're right. You've heard the last of me but not for the reasons you imply...

To sum up: I asked for a contemporaneous (1969 or earlier) mention anywhere about how 'the worst of the VARB would be avoided.' (Several of you made this claim, words to this effect, and no one disagreed.)

The closest you came was in the 1969 Mission Report wherein 'pass rapidly' through the belts was the only mention. This is not 'avoiding the worst of the belts.'

I'm leaving this thread because I don't need any more reminders of how easy it apparently is to get humans to do what you do here. Whether it's money or MKULTRA or inborn delusion or simple wishful thinking or, most certainly, Evil at work, I'd prefer not to hear any more of it...
Wow. You come here with long debunked HB nonsense, get your figurative bottom end handed to you by people who have seen these arguments before (many of them with real world space science or engineering credentials), and then hem and haw that no one cited something you can find for yourself.

Then we get a irrelevant mention of MKULTRA...

Do we CT much allancw?
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Philthy

• Venus
« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2013, 01:23:47 AM »
Ok, I have to ask......
What is a MKULTRA?

Phil
The capacity of conspiracy theorists to deny science and hand-wave away evidence is infinite, as is their level of stupid. -- Smartcooky

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2013, 01:39:11 AM »
MindKontrol  ULTRA.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Philthy

• Venus
« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2013, 03:31:19 AM »
MindKontrol  ULTRA.

Um, ok. That makes sense?

Phil
The capacity of conspiracy theorists to deny science and hand-wave away evidence is infinite, as is their level of stupid. -- Smartcooky

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2013, 04:56:41 AM »

A guy I know moved into middle management and put "Sacrificial Layer" as his job title on his business card.

One of my favourites:

(Card from display in USAF Museum, Dayton, OH)