Author Topic: Tindarormkimcha's thread  (Read 121835 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2015, 11:43:19 AM »

So when are you going to stop Gish Galloping and start to present evidence of any of your assertions?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2015, 11:50:00 AM »
I refer the honourable gentlemen to a post I made some days ago:

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2015, 12:00:46 PM »
So when are you going to stop Gish Galloping and start to present evidence of any of your assertions?

Well, there was a huge pile of pseudoscience attempting to discredit the Apollo lunar specimens.  But since we've already determined that Tinda-whatsis has no expertise in science, we get to decide whether to trust his interpretation of geology evidence or the entire world's professional geological community.  Tough choice.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2015, 12:03:35 PM »
Well, there was a huge pile of pseudoscience attempting to discredit the Apollo lunar specimens.  But since we've already determined that Tinda-whatsis...

As he shall be known from this day forth.

...has no expertise in science, we get to decide whether to trust his interpretation of geology evidence or the entire world's professional geological community.  Tough choice.

I'll have to go away and think about that.  :P
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »
Well, there was a huge pile of pseudoscience attempting to discredit the Apollo lunar specimens.  But since we've already determined that Tinda-whatsis...

As he shall be known from this day forth.

...has no expertise in science, we get to decide whether to trust his interpretation of geology evidence or the entire world's professional geological community.  Tough choice.

I'll have to go away and think about that.  :P
For my money, the wait is over.  I'm stepping out on a limb here, but I'll go with the entire world's professional geological community.   :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2015, 12:21:15 PM »
For my money, the wait is over.  I'm stepping out on a limb here, but I'll go with the entire world's professional geological community.   :)

Really?  You're siding with all the relevant scientists in the world over some nut on the Internet?  Must be a religious belief.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2015, 12:33:54 PM »
Really?  You're siding with all the relevant scientists in the world over some nut on the Internet?

What's the world coming to eh?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2015, 12:36:20 PM »

Really?  You're siding with all the relevant scientists in the world over some nut on the Internet?  Must be a religious belief.
Precisely and while I'm a religious man it is not religion but the science and engineering that  proves my belief.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2015, 12:46:37 PM »
Precisely and while I'm a religious man it is not religion but the science and engineering that  proves my belief.

That's all very well and good, but it doesn't prove anything.  ;)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »

That's all very well and good, but it doesn't prove anything.  ;)

The list of facts would take a --umm- a forum to put forth.
Eugene Cernan

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2015, 12:54:53 PM »
You couldn't make this up!

Snorkels in Space: NASA Outfitting Spacesuits with Diver-like Device for Upcoming Spacewalks
http://www.space.com/24027-nasa-spacesuit-snorkels-spacewalk.html
Dontcha love the way he shows no sign of actually having read the links he posts, let alone understand them.
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2015, 01:01:57 PM »
Dontcha love the way he shows no sign of actually having read the links he posts, let alone understand them.

Because he's quite obviously a troll whose only intent is to attract attention.  He has no ability whatsoever to actually discuss space flight in general or Apollo specifically.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2015, 01:05:14 PM »
really? ut you can't explain why of course?
No, every one of these out-of-context factoids and silly conspiracy claims you are regurgitating can and have been explained here and on other forums many times.  The problem is that you can't explain them; copying and pasting things you don't understand isn't an argument.  Again, this isn't a YouTube comments thread; you're expected to put a little thought into your claims.

He is spot on, mate! I know you do't like that.
You mean the kid who claimed a polar orbit was a circular path above a given latitude?  Hilarious, especially since you are blindly quoting him as an authority after smugly lecturing us about arguments from authority.

I am a bit fed up with all the liers here.
I think Apollo happened largely as described, and unlike you I have actually studied the program a little and have some clue what I'm talking about.  I work in his field, in fact, and used to work for the guys that designed the vehicles that returned men from space beginning with Mercury.  Come to think of it, I've worked in the same hangar in which the Mercury capsules were readied for flight.  I think it's funny that you're calling us "liers", as if the opinion of an anonymous, clueless troll counted for anything.

Of course, if you don't like being called a troll and having your ineptitude called out, then you could grow up and try to learn something.   I don't hold out much hope for that, but as always I am prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2015, 01:43:53 PM »

He is spot on, mate! I know you do't like that.
You mean the kid who claimed a polar orbit was a circular path above a given latitude?  Hilarious, especially since you are blindly quoting him as an authority after smugly lecturing us about arguments from authority.

I missed that one, where did he say this bit of illogic?
Eugene Cernan

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2015, 01:51:42 PM »
btw I have never seen a peer reviewed paper that we have been to the moon

Pal, now that I've done some research for you and shown you a number of peer-reviewed papers on Lunar rocks do you know withdraw this assertion?

And I'm still waiting for your evidence to support the claim that the Moon rocks are fakes. When are you going to provide it?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov