Author Topic: Our friend Hunchbacked is back  (Read 21313 times)

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
Our friend Hunchbacked is back
« on: October 24, 2015, 09:37:47 PM »
Looks like Tarkus isn't the only one who has a problem with that DISCOVR sequence showing the moon transiting the earth last July. Our friend Hunchbacked/Inquisitivemind does too:

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Our friend Hunchbacked is back
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 09:49:35 PM »
The moon doesn't rotate during the video, looks like maybe 5-6 hours in the video, so how much rotation does one expect from a body that complete a rotation in about 720 hrs.?  6/720=3 degrees?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 10:42:35 PM »
The original NASA caption says the sequence lasted about 5 hours. During that time the earth rotates 75 degrees but the moon only 2.5 degrees.

Hunchbacked thinks it should have rotated more, but the spacecraft is far enough from both that the effect is negligible.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 11:19:40 PM »
He appears to be spatially challenged once again or is that still  challenged?
I couldn't find any information on it from the website  other than the image of the moon traversing the Earth.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 11:28:07 PM »
Not just spatially challenged but mathematically challenged. You can verify everything with a little trigonometry, but evidently he thinks that's another NASA conspiracy.

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 11:46:13 PM »
Not just spatially challenged but mathematically challenged. You can verify everything with a little trigonometry, but evidently he thinks that's another NASA conspiracy.

Pythagoras was on the NASA payroll?

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 12:57:30 AM »
Looks like Tarkus isn't the only one who has a problem with that DISCOVR sequence showing the moon transiting the earth last July. Our friend Hunchbacked/Inquisitivemind does too:

There's good reason why the two are having the same problems. I suspected very early that tarkus in fact is hunchbacked. Lots of indicies points to it - in my opinion.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 02:02:19 AM »
Did hunchback ever reveal a fondness for the music of ELP?

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 02:28:06 AM »
If he did, he's mixing up their covers. His icon is the cover of Brain Salad Surgery, not Tarkus.

Offline Trebor

• Earth
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 04:19:06 AM »
Last I heard of him was the 'ohm's law' fail.
Nothing has improved it seems.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 04:22:27 AM »
Ohm's law fail? Did I miss that one?

He's also posting to Youtube as "Aerospace Engineer".

Offline Trebor

• Earth
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 04:26:50 AM »
Ohm's law fail? Did I miss that one?

He's also posting to Youtube as "Aerospace Engineer".
I'm going to have to look that one up again... but from what I recall he was calculating the energy requirements of some Apollo equipment and managed to get the formula for Ohm's law wrong.

Here it is :
http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=460.msg16063#msg16063
Looks like you didn't miss it :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 04:28:31 AM by Trebor »

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 05:48:04 AM »

This video has been removed by the user.. funny that!  :o
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 05:59:52 AM »
It's truly amazing how he'll keep pounding on the same misconceptions literally for years.

He still claims the LM ascent stage was deliberately imbalanced, even though it's been patiently explained many times that fuel and oxidizer have different densities so asymmetric tanks were needed to balance them.

He still can't understand that core rope memory (the read-only memory in the Apollo Guidance Computer) operates on a fundamentally different principle than the more common read-write core memory with which he was familiar.

Hunchbacked perfectly illustrates why I take the time to debunk hoaxers, even though they (almost) never admit their mistakes. Showing why the LM ascent tanks are asymmetric was trivial, but it took me a little longer to understand exactly how core rope memory worked. Although it's obsolete today, I was impressed with the cleverness of the design and how it overcame the limited technology of the day. I almost always learn something even though he never does.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 06:07:01 AM by ka9q »

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 06:04:51 AM »
This video has been removed by the user.. funny that!  :o
Wow! I suppose I should have grabbed a copy while I could.

This isn't totally unprecedented, though. On occasion he has pulled a video in which I've pointed out a major blunder, only for it to go back up later with minor revisions of the form "although all my evidence of fakery was utter nonsense, that's no reason to change my conclusions!"

And sometimes he'll put it back up unmodified. Probably his easiest way to purge a whole bunch of highly critical comments.