Author Topic: Shenzhou 7?  (Read 165365 times)

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Shenzhou 7?
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2012, 07:31:41 PM »
So in fact he could be floating in any direction whatsoever and it only seems to be 'up' because of the angle of the camera?
See, that right there is a big flaw in the whole idea. If things floating 'up' is a giveaway that they are underwater, why did they not just turn the camera upside down or sideways and avoid the whole issue? Or film from above so that 'up' is actually towards the camera? This is a standard filming technique in TV and movies already when shooting scenes in space, to avoid the obvious problems of things falling 'down' in a gravity field. You're suggesting they were too stupid to think of this when faking their spacewalk? It's just the same as the absurdity of the Apollo hoax idea that they filmed a scene set in a vacuum with a breeze blowing the flag.

Not at all. I'm saying that his legs floating away from him in any direction is suspicious.
Here's proof in video form for you:

Go to 1:25-1:30 and look at the astronauts doing the spacewalks. Their legs remain very straight along their body despite free falling.
"It looks better now, Al. What change did you make?"
"I just hit it on the top with my hammer."

-Mission Control and Alan Bean on Apollo 12 after the TV camera failed.

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2012, 07:33:53 PM »
I will cite his exact reply when I receive a message from him via email. He is real, as the jpl email I used actually was sent to [EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED].
Did you ask him about his religious beliefs?

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2012, 07:34:21 PM »
I will cite his exact reply when I receive a message from him via email. He is real, as the jpl email I used actually was sent to [EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED].

No, I did not. Why?

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2012, 07:36:06 PM »
So now it's 'any direction' is it?

Earlier on you made a huge fuss of things floating 'up. You even ridiculed me for suggesting that 'up' is a perfectly normal place for things to go in freefall. Now you can't actually defend that view you switch without any kind of acknowledgement to 'any direction' as being suspect.

Make up your mind and stick to it. This is just like your arguments for the Apollo hoax. You refused to listen then. I see no evidence you have actually learned a single thing from those dicsussions about how to conduct a reasoned debate.

And what video am I supposed to be looking at?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2012, 07:38:15 PM »
So now it's 'any direction' is it?
Earlier on you made a huge fuss of things floating 'up. You even ridiculed me for suggesting that 'up' is a perfectly normal place for things to go in freefall. Now you can't actually defend that view you switch without any kind of acknowledgement to 'any direction' as being suspect.
Make up your mind and stick to it. This is just like your arguments for the Apollo hoax. You refused to listen then. I see no evidence you have actually learned a single thing from those dicsussions about how to conduct a reasoned debate.
And what video am I supposed to be looking at?

Up was relative to the camera. They should not float in ANY direction.
I am conducting a perfectly fine reasoned debate. Anything you have said, I've addressed with logic about how things SHOULD perform in freefall.
Wow, fail on my part!

I forgot to post the video... Sorry bout that. Here it is.

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2012, 07:39:40 PM »

No, I did not. Why?
HINT: Which religious organisation is the Epoch Times the propaganda rag for?

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2012, 07:40:03 PM »
I am off to the pool now to test something in a neutral buoyancy environment. If possible, I ask nicely that all replies to this thread with regards to NEW challenges against me be saved until I am back and can address them immediately. I shouldn't be more than an hour. That being said, go ahead and respond to anything I have already said and attempt to counter.

Be right back everyone.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2012, 07:40:28 PM »
HINT: Which religious organisation is the Epoch Times the propaganda rag for.

Christianity?

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2012, 07:45:17 PM »
Anything you have said, I've addressed with logic about how things SHOULD perform in freefall.

Except, as has already been explained, your ideas about how things 'should' behave in freefall are oversimplified and wrong. You've had physicists and others tell you this, but still you won't get it, will you?

And OK, a few seconds of video hardly makes a convincing rebuttal, since none of thiose astronauts were doing anything at all resembling the kind of thing the guy on Shenzhou 7 was doing.

I still await your pointing to the exact time in the Shenzhou 7 vide where the taikonaut's legs move suspcioously, as requested some time ago.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »

Christianity?

Definitely not.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2012, 07:46:07 PM »
It's almost one in the morning, Vincent, so I am going to bed.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »

Christianity?
No, try again.

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2012, 07:55:25 PM »
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.” -- Kahlil Gibran

My blog about life, universe, and everything: http://solusl.blogspot.com/

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »
He doesn't say any good things about the creator of the video. He just talks about the descent.

Why are you lying? He talks about the Gentleman from Georgia that did a good job piecing together certain clips etc. You should watch the video but then comment HONESTLY.

Why are you falsely accusing someone of lying? I've watched the video twice now and I don't hear Armstrong praise the creator of the video. And believe me, I hate to say that since he is a member of this forum.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »
I will cite his exact reply when I receive a message from him via email. He is real, as the jpl email I used actually was sent to _______@________.gov.

Do not post the email addresses of anyone without their permission, Vincent. I'm sure he doesn't want to receive spam or a flood of emails from people asking if he really believes the Chinese are faking their space program. It's his work email, so I'm sure his boss (and the US tax payers) would agree that he's got more important things to accomplish with his time.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)