Author Topic: Apollo XIII-inconsistences  (Read 160533 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Apollo XIII-inconsistences
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2015, 12:10:47 PM »
Apollohoax also serves another very useful function, and that is exposure of the falsehoods perpetrated by HB's like the Whimper, Hunchbacked and the Blunder from Down Under. Even if we can't convince an HB he's wrong. the reasoned, researched and logical replies here serve to educate those lurkers who read the pages of this forum, and I suspect there are quite a few.

I can't remember who it was who kept insisting the the lurkers knew he was right, but someone responded by starting a poll.  We had several lurkers come forward and say, no, he was obviously really wrong.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Drewid

• Venus
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2015, 04:27:30 AM »
Cosmored has done that elsewhere (I think it was JREF) , so it could have been him.
It didn't work at JREF either, but for some people learning from mistakes isn't a strong suit

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2015, 08:27:02 AM »
Cosmored has done that elsewhere (I think it was JREF) , so it could have been him.
It didn't work at JREF either, but for some people learning from mistakes isn't a strong suit

cosmored insists that on EVERY forum he posts on.  Nobody ever comes to his aid though.  Cosmo just says thats part of the censorship.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2015, 09:56:56 AM »
Or if you disagree with Cosmored's "obvious" truth, then naturally you must be a dishonest person.  And he doesn't debate with "dishonest" people, so he ignores you.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2015, 10:27:51 AM »
I can't remember who it was who kept insisting the the lurkers knew he was right, but someone responded by starting a poll.  We had several lurkers come forward and say, no, he was obviously really wrong.

Wasn't it lazarusty?

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2015, 11:07:06 AM »
I am most concerned with the references to 13. I work away a lot and have, on numerous occasions, stayed in a room with the odious numerals on the portal blocking device. I am now concerned my hotel will crash the next time I stay in room 13.

But wait, what if it is the thirteenth floor and room 13?

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2015, 11:31:47 AM »
I am most concerned with the references to 13. I work away a lot and have, on numerous occasions, stayed in a room with the odious numerals on the portal blocking device. I am now concerned my hotel will crash the next time I stay in room 13.

Most hotels skip the number 13 on rooms and floors.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline grmcdorman

• Earth
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2015, 04:04:39 PM »

And in areas with large Chinese populations, any floor ending in 4 (leading to floors 1,2,3,5,...11,12,15...). This leads to me computing the real floor number for the floor I'm staying on.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2015, 04:13:12 PM »

Now that is really funny.

Ever since I first heard that back in the 1980's,  I always check up on this. I have stayed a couple of dozen hotels of 13 stories or more over the years since then and I have yet to find one that skipped numbering the 13th floor as 13.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline tarkus

• Venus
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2015, 09:28:46 PM »
The second thing that has struck me is these strange images where we see the separate command module service module in lunar orbit (?) Why this maneuver would do if NASA says the CSM completely returned to Earth?

AS13-62-8909

AS13-61-8727
In those photos, the astronaut is photographing the top of the CM, as seen from the LM window, while the LM and CSM are docked. From this angle, it is obviously impossible to see the SM, which as you should know, is attached to the bottom of the CM.

ETA- ninja'ed dang it  :)
You are wrong: the only chance that the cylinder service module is invisible, it is that the cone of the capsule points directly toward the viewer ... this is clearly not the case.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2015, 10:36:03 PM »

You are wrong: the only chance that the cylinder service module is invisible, it is that the cone of the capsule points directly toward the viewer ... this is clearly not the case.

Welcome back.

What is your experience in photo analysis?  How did you come to this conclusion? Perhaps you could tell us what the relationship between the LM and SM are since you insist it cannot be the one evident in the photo.   Please show your work?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:37:55 PM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2015, 01:12:09 AM »
The second thing that has struck me is these strange images where we see the separate command module service module in lunar orbit (?) Why this maneuver would do if NASA says the CSM completely returned to Earth?

AS13-62-8909

AS13-61-8727
In those photos, the astronaut is photographing the top of the CM, as seen from the LM window, while the LM and CSM are docked. From this angle, it is obviously impossible to see the SM, which as you should know, is attached to the bottom of the CM.

ETA- ninja'ed dang it  :)

Well, its quite simple really. The LM window through which the photo was taken is not as far from the midline of the stack as the edge of the CSM, so its not possible to see the sides

Windows red arrowed
Best possible line-of-sight blue arrowed
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2015, 01:42:11 AM »
Furthermore, the photos clearly show windows and a hatch, which the Command Module has and the cylindrical Service Module does not.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2015, 02:32:15 AM »

If you look carefully at the image you can see a long 'pole' structure sticking out from the spacecraft. This is the EVA floodlight boom, and is attached to the service module structure, not the command module.

You can see it here on the discarded SM, circled in red (I have adjusted the contrast to highlight it):

from this:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/apollo/images/print/AS13/58/8456.jpg

and you can also see it more clearly on this Apollo 15 image:

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a15/AS15-88-11961HR.jpg

The apparent continuation of the pole towards the CM window is just the reflection of it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:33:55 AM by onebigmonkey »

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2015, 02:51:31 AM »

And what about commenting on the other areas that you were so sure of in your original post?
  • The number 13?
  • The filming of Haise?
  • The use of the LM motor?
  • The heatshield?

Why ignore the answers that you were given on these to comment only on your erroneous interpretation of the photos of the CSM/LM stack? I wouldn't like to assume that you have now conceded the other points......I'd much rather hear you say that.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov