Author Topic: FAR SIDE OF THE MOON  (Read 141437 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: FAR SIDE OF THE MOON
« Reply #405 on: October 28, 2015, 11:24:05 AM »
Original deleted will try tonight.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #406 on: October 28, 2015, 12:03:21 PM »
Original deleted will try tonight.
OK. It is pretty straightforward. Plug phone into PC via USB. Copy offending image from phone to PC (some folder, make one that you can find afterwards). Use the resizer tool to make it small. Attach the reduced file to a post that you make.

Now, there are a few potholes which will possibly put an onion in your ointment. Go the easy way and let us deal with those as they arise.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #407 on: October 28, 2015, 01:14:21 PM »
These are great - what package are you using to get the images?

This web site:  Earth and Moon Viewer
Great site.  I was able to determine the location of Apollo 16 just by tweaking the latitude, longitude & altitude until it matched the photo, then checked the photo info to see if I was right.  Score!  :)

I thought it looked familiar! I've used it myself but not tried changing the viewing perspective befiore :)

Great post btw!

Offline Paul

• Venus
« Reply #408 on: October 28, 2015, 01:55:48 PM »
Wow - look at all this technical information about DSCOVR and the EPIC camera on-board.

CCD has 15 μm pixels (big!), nominal operating temperature -40C (wish my CCD was in space, mine is set for -10C...).

http://epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/epic.html
http://avdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/DSCOVR/DSCOVR-EPIC-Description.pdf

Great stuff  8)

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
FAR SIDE OF THE MOON
« Reply #409 on: October 28, 2015, 01:57:04 PM »
(Please excuse the crude-ness - it's hand-drawn with MS Paint, but is accurate to within a few pixels)

You get the Dr. Emmett Brown award for humility on this one.  That was a superb explanation.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:00:21 PM by Sus_pilot »

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #410 on: October 28, 2015, 02:16:36 PM »
Tarkus, do you UNDERSTAND Count Zero's explanation at Reply #399 ??

If not, don't post anything else, just state why.

If you DO understand it, do you now understand why you were mistaken earlier, in Reply #328 ?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:18:43 PM by Apollo 957 »

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #411 on: October 28, 2015, 02:41:53 PM »
<snip>

Excellent work Count Zero, and easy to understand.

For fun, here is an on board view of a rocket launch, a sideways view demonstratng the way that the visible horizon increases with altitude, a visual confirmation of your 4th diagram.

sideways video starts at around 2:51

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:49:29 PM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #413 on: October 28, 2015, 07:21:51 PM »

<snip>

Excellent work Count Zero, and easy to understand.

For fun, here is an on board view of a rocket launch, a sideways view demonstratng the way that the visible horizon increases with altitude, a visual confirmation of your 4th diagram.

But where are the stars? [Ducks and runs!]

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #414 on: October 28, 2015, 08:00:33 PM »
But where are the stars? [Ducks and runs!]

I thought the same!  ;D

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #415 on: October 28, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
More seriously, what was that godawful feedback sound near apogee?  Was that the mike on the camera driving up the gain to try to hear something in the thinning air or some other artifact?

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #416 on: October 28, 2015, 10:41:23 PM »
More seriously, what was that godawful feedback sound near apogee?  Was that the mike on the camera driving up the gain to try to hear something in the thinning air or some other artifact?

The screams of the pilot because they weren't on the video?  ;)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #417 on: October 29, 2015, 08:21:04 AM »

There's no video of a pilot "driving" it, so therefore it MUST be a fake.  :o :o
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #418 on: October 29, 2015, 08:56:17 AM »
Nearly full moon last night
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #419 on: October 29, 2015, 10:13:13 AM »
Tarkus,

Here's an image of the Moon that I took in late September.
http://www.closr.it/s/nah/

Based on the size of the image, it must be fake? Plus, there's no stars in the background, so that surely confirms that it's fake? Except (the inconvenient truth!), it's not a fake.
Of course, I might just be a paid NASA shill, and as we all know, NASA only tells lies. Plus they are paying me to lurk around on forums to put people like you off the scent and stop the 50-year old lie from being uncovered.

So, either my image is real and your assumptions are wrong, or you are right and my image is fake and i am a paid NASA shill. Which do you think is the more likely scenario?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov