Author Topic: Shenzhou 7?  (Read 159475 times)

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Shenzhou 7?
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »
Well, it's nice to know that China are so inept (because they're ignorant commies, of course), that they can stage a huge hoax that any kid in his back yard could spot (but all the experts, for some reason, can't), building the command module and the rocket and everything just to fake it all...
Sure sounds efficient.

No, that's not at all what I'm saying. Now you're just misrepresenting my position. I believe that many experts HAVE doubts about this spacewalk. In fact, I can't remember his name now, but there is one expert at JSC or JPL that said he does not believe the mission was real. Someone posted their name here I think. And of course, they'd HAVE to build the rocket. But was Shenzhou 7 really launched? In the Bnebb video, the rocket that launched Shenzhou 7 appears DIFFERENT in two films taken of it! Markings on the side are different at launch than they were before launch. Bnebb hypothesized that China simply showed footage of the Shenzhou 1 launch and said it was Shenzhou 7.
For the Orbital Module, if the rocket launch was not real, they never had to construct one at all. All they had to do was build a mock up.
"It looks better now, Al. What change did you make?"
"I just hit it on the top with my hammer."

-Mission Control and Alan Bean on Apollo 12 after the TV camera failed.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2012, 06:25:54 PM »
He doesn't say any good things about the creator of the video. He just talks about the descent.

Why are you lying? He talks about the Gentleman from Georgia that did a good job piecing together certain clips etc. You should watch the video but then comment HONESTLY.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2012, 06:28:29 PM »
Update!
This is another expert who says he doesn't believe the spacewalk was real.
He works as an engineer at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. See? Some experts do not believe Shenzhou 7 was real and I'm sure there are many more that doubt it, too. His name is Dr. Qu Zheng.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2012, 06:29:42 PM »
Essentially, this proves that a flag CAN move back and forth without stopping simply by flicking your hand underwater.

The point is not whether it can move, but if it can flap around that much.

I imagine that speeding up the footage would make the movement even MORE visible.

As well as leaving very obvious evidence of being sped up on other elements of the video.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2012, 06:31:36 PM »
The only evidence I find of Qu Zheng is Jarrah White.
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.” -- Kahlil Gibran

My blog about life, universe, and everything: http://solusl.blogspot.com/

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2012, 06:32:34 PM »
this doesn't explain Zhai's legs flying up when he is not even moving.

Isn't he moving? Not even slightly as he shifts his grip?

In space EVERY muscle movement, no matter how small, will afeect the entirety of his body. Even a simple movment of his arm will cause this to occur. You cannot say he is not moving.

Astronauts on ISS spacewalks are tethered in multiple locations with very short tethers and often have their feet on something, precisely in order to avoid this kind of unwanted motion.

The movement of the taikonaut is quite consistent with the reports of the Gemini astronauts on their early spacewalks.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2012, 06:34:10 PM »
And once again, Vincent, what exactly are your qualifications in physics and space flight research? Everyone you are talking to here has years on you in that respect.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2012, 06:34:31 PM »
The only evidence I find of Qu Zheng is Jarrah White.

Interesting, because I seem to have sent him an email.
Here's his address:
[EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED].

I am awaiting his reply, as I sent it about three seconds ago.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2012, 06:34:46 PM »
Update!
This is another expert who says he doesn't believe the spacewalk was real.
He works as an engineer at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. See? Some experts do not believe Shenzhou 7 was real and I'm sure there are many more that doubt it, too. His name is Dr. Qu Zheng.

Quoted in just one publication, the Epoch Times, which is heavily slanted to only write stories which are critical of the Chinese government.  It's no better than citing Whale.to.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2012, 06:37:10 PM »
In space EVERY muscle movement, no matter how small, will afeect the entirety of his body. Even a simple movment of his arm will cause this to occur. You cannot say he is not moving.
Astronauts on ISS spacewalks are tethered in multiple locations with very short tethers and often have their feet on something, precisely in order to avoid this kind of unwanted motion.
The movement of the taikonaut is quite consistent with the reports of the Gemini astronauts on their early spacewalks.

At certain parts, he actually is NOT moving and his legs will tend to simply float up. This is against Newton's laws and you simply cannot discredit Newton just to defend a spacewalk that experts have doubted. There are plenty of videos showing astronauts climbing along structures of the ISS with their legs free floating. They do not fly up. I have pictures of astronauts working on Hubble in orbit that show their bodies as straight as a board. In addition, Bruce McCandless was very controlled when doing the untethered walk with the MMU.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2012, 06:38:41 PM »

At certain parts, he actually is NOT moving and his legs will tend to simply float up. This is against Newton's laws and you simply cannot discredit Newton just to defend a spacewalk that experts have doubted. There are plenty of videos showing astronauts climbing along structures of the ISS with their legs free floating. They do not fly up. I have pictures of astronauts working on Hubble in orbit that show their bodies as straight as a board. In addition, Bruce McCandless was very controlled when doing the untethered walk with the MMU.

You cited just one, and given the publication it appeared in I have my doubts.  Now you use the plural.

Please list your "experts" and sources.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2012, 06:40:15 PM »
And once again, Vincent, what exactly are your qualifications in physics and space flight research? Everyone you are talking to here has years on you in that respect.

My research is more on two things:
1.) The history of manned spaceflight and the details of all of these missions.
2.) Orbital Mechanics.

These two things I have spent quite a while with extensive research. For the history of manned spaceflight, I have been studying, researching and reading up on that for about one year and seven months. For orbital mechanics, that has only been in the last 4 months or so, but I have confirmed many of my own calculations and theories through Kerbal Space Program and Orbiter 2010. My Uncle teaches Orbital Mechanics and rendezvous at M.I.T. and I have had many discussions with him about it. I have learned much through him and simply spending time with space flight simulators.
The number of years and months is no issue, however. It is the INTENSITY of the research that matters.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2012, 06:42:11 PM »
Quoted in just one publication, the Epoch Times, which is heavily slanted to only write stories which are critical of the Chinese government.  It's no better than citing Whale.to.

If Zheng confirms that he still doubts the Chinese spacewalk in his reply to my email, I can officially say I have a NAMED expert on my side. I do, however, have an UNNAMED expert on my side, and this individual told me they plan to do a lot of optical research into the video before going public with their findings. That is good, because it fits the scientific method. First conduct all other steps before reporting your results. You may choose not to believe that my unnamed expert exists, but you're only doubting reality. I will be glad to hear back from Qu Zheng.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2012, 06:45:40 PM »
At certain parts, he actually is NOT moving and his legs will tend to simply float up.

Prove he is not moving at all, and has no residual momentum from when he last was.

This is against Newton's laws and you simply cannot discredit Newton just to defend a spacewalk that experts have doubted.

Cite them.

In addition, Bruce McCandless was very controlled when doing the untethered walk with the MMU.

Irrelevant comparison. Untethered he has no attachment point to act as the centre of rotation or leverage.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2012, 06:47:22 PM »
And of course, they'd HAVE to build the rocket. But was Shenzhou 7 really launched?

Oh my god. You really haven't changed at all, have you? Do you really expect anyone to believe the rocket wasn't really launched?

Do you understand that the United States has spent the last 60 or so years monitoring the skies for rockets? Do you understand that they can track objects in orbit that are the size of a small metal bolt? Do you understand that the US Navy has vessels in the Pacific Ocean monitoring launches from China and North Korea?
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)