Author Topic: Shenzhou 7?  (Read 165370 times)

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Shenzhou 7?
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »
No, what Andromeda said is that he did not work for JPL at the time the article was written.
He went on to work for JPL.

Bullcrap. Why are the odds of someone who works for a company that collaborated with JPL going on to work with JPL so low? Never heard of headhunting on the corporate world?

The odds certainly aren't 100%. The article was dead-on if it was a lie. Regardless, did I want Andromeda to give us the source she found to suggest he worked for CIRES at the time. It's even possible that the article was changed to update his current employers at JPL. As recent as 2010, Zheng confirmed the spacewalk was fake.
"It looks better now, Al. What change did you make?"
"I just hit it on the top with my hammer."

-Mission Control and Alan Bean on Apollo 12 after the TV camera failed.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2012, 07:07:49 PM »
In the photos I have, they are not tethered.

Post them.

I have them on some playing cards that are spaceflight themed, but it shouldn't take me more than a few minutes to find the exact same images on google images. I will update this post accordingly as soon as I find them.

PHOTOS:

Not the same image, but also a good example. He is tethered in this image, but not anywhere near the ankles. In fact, the tether is closer to his center of gravity. Yet his legs are not floating "up" relative to the camera even with his center of mass anchored. I am still going through images. Some show the astronauts too far away to tell.

Not working on hubble, but this is an untethered spacewalk photo of an astronaut. Notice that his legs are aligned with the rest of is body, not floating "up".
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:12:35 PM by VincentMcConnell »

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2012, 07:10:21 PM »
The odds certainly aren't 100%.

I never said they were. However, it is not uncommon.

The article was dead-on if it was a lie.

Or a mistake of the kind now described multiple times here.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2012, 07:14:28 PM »
This is something else I would like to point out:
Every Low Earth Orbit photo I have ever seen, including the spacewalk photos I posted above, shows the Earth's atmosphere pretty visible. In the Shenzhou 7 footage, the horizon of the Earth looks like that of the moon. Is Shenzhou 7 the first mission in history to shoot video of the Earth from orbit without a visible atmosphere? Is it that unique?

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2012, 07:14:36 PM »
1. Does that change his verbatim quotes? The source being biased has no bearing on the fact that his quotes were word for word on that article.

Prove the quotes were verbatim.

2. Jarrah White emailed Qu Zheng in 2010 who confirmed he still sticks with the idea that Shenzhou 7 was faked.

You are citing Jarrah White?!

3. He works for JPL now... If the article was supposedly written before he worked at JPL, yet he works there now, does that mean the writer of the article was psychic? Could they see the future? No. It seems more likely that whatever source you found to suggest he worked at CIRES at the time is simply wrong.

Do a Google search for his name and "CIRES".  A whole bunch of papers come up.

This idea (the idea of a fake and the identity of Qu Zheng, including where he works) has been dissected elsewhere: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=6756 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:16:56 PM by Andromeda »
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
Every Low Earth Orbit photo I have ever seen, including the spacewalk photos I posted above, shows the Earth's atmosphere pretty visible. In the Shenzhou 7 footage, the horizon of the Earth looks like that of the moon. Is Shenzhou 7 the first mission in history to shoot video of the Earth from orbit without a visible atmosphere? Is it that unique?

Can you try and get your head around the idea that comparing images taken using different media is NOT a valid comaprison? You can't compare photos to videos and expect the results to be the same.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2012, 07:17:45 PM »
Zheng has never gone public to say he was mis-quoted or mis represented in that article. Most people, when mis-quoted, are going to call that to the attention of people. In fact, I don't know ONE person who wouldn't.

You are citing Jarrah White?!
No, I am citing an email that was sent to Jarrah White via Zheng. Zheng said the walk was faked, not Jarrah.

Do a Google search for his name and "CIRES".  A whole bunch of papers come up.
K. One second.

This idea has been dissected elsewhere: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=6756
Will view.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #187 on: June 24, 2012, 07:19:10 PM »
Can you try and get your head around the idea that comparing images taken using different media is NOT a valid comaprison? You can't compare photos to videos and expect the results to be the same.

Same with video. I have never seen a video in LEO where the horizon was not complimented by an atmosphere. Shenzhou 7 must be the first craft to film the Earth from orbit without showing the atmosphere. That's fine, but here's where there's an issue. I have a question for you:
Were the cameras used to film the inside of the cabin on Shenzhou 5 the same type of cameras used to film the spacewalk on Shenzhou 7?

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2012, 07:20:13 PM »
Zheng has never gone public to say he was mis-quoted or mis represented in that article. Most people, when mis-quoted, are going to call that to the attention of people. In fact, I don't know ONE person who wouldn't.

As someone who has been heavily misquoted and misrepresented by the media, believe me when I say that making a fuss doesn't do any good.  Corrections get hardly any attention at all.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
Not the same image, but also a good example. He is tethered in this image, but not anywhere near the ankles.

Where are his feet? Do you know that on quite a few spacewalks the astronauts had their feet attched to the end of the rocbotic arm?

Not working on hubble, but this is an untethered spacewalk photo of an astronaut. Notice that his legs are aligned with the rest of is body, not floating "up".

You're comparing a still picture with a moving video now? How do you know he's not in the middle of a rotational movement in which his legs are indeed moving 'up'? And what is 'up' in a spacewalk?

And where is the time reference in the video I asked for and you said you were going to get?

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2012, 07:23:27 PM »
Same with video. I have never seen a video in LEO where the horizon was not complimented by an atmosphere.

You know that line of the Earth loks pretty fuzzy to me in that video.

Were the cameras used to film the inside of the cabin on Shenzhou 5 the same type of cameras used to film the spacewalk on Shenzhou 7?

I have no idea. Possibly, possibly not. Why?

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »
Where are his feet? Do you know that on quite a few spacewalks the astronauts had their feet attched to the end of the rocbotic arm?
If that is your response, I will look for more images. Actually, I'll find a video.

You're comparing a still picture with a moving video now? How do you know he's not in the middle of a rotational movement in which his legs are indeed moving 'up'? And what is 'up' in a spacewalk?
Up is relative to the camera's frame.

And where is the time reference in the video I asked for and you said you were going to get?

I'm trying to reply to all of the other replies here, do research on Zheng and give you photos and video. I haven't even had the chance to start watching the Shenzhou 7 spacewalk yet.

Offline VincentMcConnell

• Earth
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2012, 07:25:44 PM »
You know that line of the Earth loks pretty fuzzy to me in that video.
Strange. I seem to see the exact opposite. It looks pretty sharply defined from globe straight to space. I don't see an atmosphere at all there.

I have no idea. Possibly, possibly not. Why?

The Shenzhou 5 videos filming the Earth out the window show an atmosphere. If the cameras were the same, you have to wonder: Why is the atmosphere absent in the Shenzhou 7 video and present in the Shenzhou 5?

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2012, 07:27:32 PM »
Up is relative to the camera's frame.

So in fact he could be floating in any direction whatsoever and it only seems to be 'up' because of the angle of the camera?

See, that right there is a big flaw in the whole idea. If things floating 'up' is a giveaway that they are underwater, why did they not just turn the camera upside down or sideways and avoid the whole issue? Or film from above so that 'up' is actually towards the camera? This is a standard filming technique in TV and movies already when shooting scenes in space, to avoid the obvious problems of things falling 'down' in a gravity field. You're suggesting they were too stupid to think of this when faking their spacewalk? It's just the same as the absurdity of the Apollo hoax idea that they filmed a scene set in a vacuum with a breeze blowing the flag.

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2012, 07:30:30 PM »
He doesn't say any good things about the creator of the video. He just talks about the descent.

Why are you lying? He talks about the Gentleman from Georgia that did a good job piecing together certain clips etc. You should watch the video but then comment HONESTLY.

Physician heal thyself.
A gentleman in Georgia, astronomer by trade, took images from our most recent lunar exploring satellite, the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter which was launched two years ago with very good optics to completely map the surface of the moon. With high quality images with resolution of one half to one metre.

The gentleman took the images from the LRO and patched them together using google moon. Google moon allows you to take a perspective of a picture. This picture, the image in front of you is a perspective.
But all the images taken by the satellite are vertical - straight down. 

So, google allows you take a vertical image and convert it to a perspective as you see in this image.

The gentleman patched together a myriad of images from different orbits of the LRO that passed over the trajectory of the Apollo 11 descent and recreated the descent in perspective mode.

The actual descent was twelve and a half minutes...
Where does he say, he did a good job etc. If anything he praised google moon.