Author Topic: Tindarormkimcha's thread  (Read 121816 times)

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
Re: Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2015, 05:51:45 AM »
The sock puppet is just trolling. Its not even making a pretence of backing up claims with evidence, just repeating the same old tired, thoroughly debunked rubbish we've all heard before.

I am really saddened by the declining standard of HBs we get these days. There use to at least be a few who were articulate and were a challenge to debate with. This one is both illiterate and ignorant. We know he's going to be banned eventually, why not save the time and effort, and just ban him now!

why so cheap mate? if I wrote what you like you wouldn't call it trolling now would you.

But well we adressing the fake moonrocks now. wanna join or wanna pray?

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2015, 05:54:31 AM »

You are funny, but ah well, let's pick the moon rocks! It has been proven they are faked! right?

Yeah, why not. Lets see your proof then, but before we do, lets agree terms. "Proof" does not mean a YouTube video with some teenager going "hur hur hur" in the background (if I wanted that, I can get that from you  ::) ). Proof means peer-reviewed evidence from an acknowledged expert in the field. "Expert" means someone with recognised credentials in the field, for example geology.

Lets go then.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2015, 05:58:20 AM »
I am really saddened by the declining standard of HBs we get these days. There use to at least be a few who were articulate and were a challenge to debate with. This one is both illiterate and ignorant.

Its further evidence that the whole Moon hoax thing has passed. 99.999% of people either don't care or accept that the Apollo program happened as described in the historical canon. The remainder seems to be the hard of thinking (people like Heiwa or hunchbacked), those with a financial axe to grind (Sibrel) or the YouTube literati.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2015, 06:00:35 AM »

You are funny, but ah well, let's pick the moon rocks! It has been proven they are faked! right?

Yeah, why not. Lets see your proof then, but before we do, lets agree terms. "Proof" does not mean a YouTube video with some teenager going "hur hur hur" in the background (if I wanted that, I can get that from you  ::) ). Proof means peer-reviewed evidence from an acknowledged expert in the field. "Expert" means someone with recognised credentials in the field, for example geology.

Lets go then.

this is getting ridiculous mate!

You are asking the impossible now. For a reason of course,fear is the key.
btw I have never seen a peer reviewed paper that we have been to the moon, so... with your logic, we never went mate! thanks!

anyway, about the moon rocks:

"Moon rock" in museum is just petrofied wood.

AMSTERDAM — It's not green cheese, but it might as well be.
The Dutch national museum said Thursday that one of its prized possessions, a rock supposedly brought back from the moon by U.S. astronauts, is just a piece of petrified wood.
Rijksmuseum spokeswoman Xandra van Gelder, who oversaw the investigation that proved the piece was a fake, said the museum will keep it anyway as a curiosity.
"It's a good story, with some questions that are still unanswered," she said. "We can laugh about it."
The museum acquired the rock after the death of former Prime Minister Willem Drees in 1988. Drees received it as a private gift on Oct. 9, 1969, from then-U.S. ambassador J. William Middendorf during a visit by the three Apollo 11 astronauts, part of their "Giant Leap" goodwill tour after the first moon landing.
Middendorf, who lives in Rhode Island, told Dutch broadcaster NOS news that he had gotten it from the U.S. State Department, but couldn't recall the exact details.
"I do remember that (Drees) was very interested in the little piece of stone," the NOS quoted Middendorf as saying. "But that it's not real, I don't know anything about that."
Advertise

He could not immediately be reached for comment Thursday.
The U.S. Embassy in the Hague said it was investigating the matter.
The museum had vetted the moon rock with a phone call to NASA, Van Gelder said.
She said the space agency told the museum then that it was possible the Netherlands had received a rock: NASA gave moon rocks to more than 100 countries in the early 1970s, but those were from later missions.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32581790/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/moon-rock-museum-just-petrified-wood/

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2015, 06:01:13 AM »
I am really saddened by the declining standard of HBs we get these days. There use to at least be a few who were articulate and were a challenge to debate with. This one is both illiterate and ignorant.

Its further evidence that the whole Moon hoax thing has passed. 99.999% of people either don't care or accept that the Apollo program happened as described in the historical canon. The remainder seems to be the hard of thinking (people like Heiwa or hunchbacked), those with a financial axe to grind (Sibrel) or the YouTube literati.

sure, mate, sure,

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2015, 06:02:40 AM »
Oh and btw the moon is an ARTIFICIAL object.

You're not even funny.

Why don't you just go back to playing with Adrian?  I'm sure you have some socks to launder.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline 12oh2alarm

• Venus
  • This dude likes Don Martin cartoons.
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2015, 06:06:44 AM »
Lets go then.
Challenge for conspiracy hypothesists (honestly, "theorists" is a bit of a stretch in my book):
Create a faked moon rock that experts in the field would accept as being undoubtedly from the moon.
This should be easy these days, with knowledge what isotope ratios to strive for and how zap pits look.
Document how you did it. Present the evidence. Convince the world and become an instant celebrity.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2015, 06:08:37 AM »
LO - Your call, with full respect to you as admin and the decisions you make, can I ask that we call an end to this? The guy is simply trolling. It's quite pathetic.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2015, 06:13:11 AM »
this is getting ridiculous mate!

You are asking the impossible now. For a reason of course,fear is the key.
btw I have never seen a peer reviewed paper that we have been to the moon, so... with your logic, we never went mate! thanks!

Then, mate, you haven't looked very hard, have you?
Here's four:
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/294/5541/345
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0016703710005363
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/344/6188/1146
http://arxiv.org/abs/1001.4243

AMSTERDAM — It's not green cheese, but it might as well be.
The Dutch national museum said Thursday that one of its prized possessions, a rock supposedly brought back from the moon by U.S. astronauts, is just a piece of petrified wood.
Rijksmuseum spokeswoman Xandra van Gelder, who oversaw the investigation that proved the piece was a fake, said the museum will keep it anyway as a curiosity.
"It's a good story, with some questions that are still unanswered," she said. "We can laugh about it."
The museum acquired the rock after the death of former Prime Minister Willem Drees in 1988. Drees received it as a private gift on Oct. 9, 1969, from then-U.S. ambassador J. William Middendorf during a visit by the three Apollo 11 astronauts, part of their "Giant Leap" goodwill tour after the first moon landing.
Middendorf, who lives in Rhode Island, told Dutch broadcaster NOS news that he had gotten it from the U.S. State Department, but couldn't recall the exact details.
"I do remember that (Drees) was very interested in the little piece of stone," the NOS quoted Middendorf as saying. "But that it's not real, I don't know anything about that."
Advertise

He could not immediately be reached for comment Thursday.
The U.S. Embassy in the Hague said it was investigating the matter.
The museum had vetted the moon rock with a phone call to NASA, Van Gelder said.
She said the space agency told the museum then that it was possible the Netherlands had received a rock: NASA gave moon rocks to more than 100 countries in the early 1970s, but those were from later missions.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32581790/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/moon-rock-museum-just-petrified-wood/
[/quote]
Which just shows that that one piece (that was incorrectly claimed as a Moonrock) is not a Moonrock. What about the ~380kgs that have been extensively studied?

Evidence, boy, evidence. Where is yours?
Mate.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2015, 06:15:20 AM »

What I pray for is an intellectually honest HB.

You'll find them over there, right beside the unicorn herd and the pot o'gold at the end of that rainbow....

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2015, 08:10:54 AM »

Why is there no film or photos of the 'Moon buggy/jeep' being deployed?

You are sadly mistaken

But this is only one point you are in error.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2015, 08:12:51 AM »

Well, you don't seem very open minded btw don't you read newspapers? it even was in the newspapers!

You seem to put a great deal of faith in your selection of newspapers.  How do you reconcile this with all the news articles written by hundreds of reporters from around the world that covered the Apollo landings as real?
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2015, 08:17:53 AM »

You are sadly mistaken

I know. I was using that as an example of the inane things HB's claim.  :)
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2015, 08:18:48 AM »
The guy is simply trolling. It's quite pathetic.

It's very hard not to go straight to ridicule of Tindarormkimcha's ridiculousness.  We all know how this will end. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2015, 08:20:22 AM »

You are sadly mistaken

I know. I was using that as an example of the inane things HB's claim.  :)
My bad I didn't read it that way, sorry.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan