Author Topic: HBs, CTs, Deniers, Alien Apologists...  (Read 86854 times)

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: HBs, CTs, Deniers, Alien Apologists...
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2015, 03:40:44 PM »

Apparently! Also, as noted above, you can not seek redress for any crime the judge and jury did not themselves witness.
This will set jurisprudence back 2000 years or more.
At least! On the plus side, if he really believes this, someone could Buzz Aldrin his ass with no repercussions.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2015, 03:56:18 PM »

At least! On the plus side, if he really believes this, someone could Buzz Aldrin his ass with no repercussions.

That might be too much fun!!!!
Speaking of Buzz, I was browsing abovetopsecret this afternoon and found a thread in which the people were discussing the YT video of said event, declaring the punch never landed.  Never heard this before.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2015, 04:38:26 PM »

Speaking of Buzz, I was browsing abovetopsecret this afternoon and found a thread in which the people were discussing the YT video of said event, declaring the punch never landed.  Never heard this before.
Never heard it quite like that, but I have heard ( actual hearsay mind) of CT who claim Bart Sibrel is actually working for NASA to make CT look bad or something.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »

Never heard it quite like that, but I have heard ( actual hearsay mind) of CT who claim Bart Sibrel is actually working for NASA to make CT look bad or something.
If that were true he is doing a bang up job.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2015, 09:36:33 PM »

I remember someone claiming it was "staged" (and, I presume from the brunt of their argument, faked, but they never actually said it) because in some clip they found on line, the audio didn't appear to synch with the blow.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2015, 10:11:41 PM »

I remember someone claiming it was "staged" (and, I presume from the brunt of their argument, faked, but they never actually said it) because in some clip they found on line, the audio didn't appear to synch with the blow.
That was the line in the thread. I have to ask, if it was bogus then why did Bart attempt to sue?
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2015, 10:51:50 PM »

Oh, it landed alright, and good!!

Note how Bart's head moves; back... and to the right!! Back... and to the right!!

I rarely miss an opportunity to post this. Its my favourite animated gif.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2015, 11:00:06 PM »

Note how Bart's head moves; back... and to the right!! Back... and to the right!!

Wasn't that back and to the left, BACK and to the LEFT? 

Oops wrong conspiracy.
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2015, 11:07:39 PM »

Oops wrong conspiracy.

Aaah, you saw what I did then!!?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2015, 03:04:05 PM »
Hey, thanks for all the replies.

I've been having major trouble getting back on here, getting some kind of "database error" over the past few login attempts, so sorry I haven't kept up.

Regarding the YouTube thread, I was pretty amused when the guy kept getting asked the same question over and over again, and he'd go further and further off the deep end with cursing, homoerotic slurs, and all sorts of weird stuff. He kept demanding that all the "Apollo fools" produce "one piece of evidence" that supported their claim, and one of them came back with links to the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal, Clavius, The Lunar and Planetary Institute, Phil Plait's site, the Project Apollo Archive, Bob Braeunig's site, this forum, and two or three more. Then when he finally got obscenely nasty and foul-mouthed, I sort of lost interest. I went to copy the link as someone requested, and accidentally closed the tab, and now I can't find it again!

I tried to go through my history to find the link but for some reason it's not there. I went back over a month and there are no YouTube visits at all in my history.

So, unless I happen to run across it again...

Bringing my original question back up again, why do people do this? Why do they sit there and keep screaming as loudly as they can that the whole thing was faked, and nothing will ever change their minds about it? How can anyone possibly be that intransigent in today's world?

You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2015, 03:42:45 PM »

Aaah, you saw what I did then!!?

That was exactly what went through my mind when I read your comment.
Eugene Cernan

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2015, 05:13:33 PM »

Oops wrong conspiracy.

That's why The Daily Show reversed the clip when he was on, so they could make that very joke.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2015, 07:54:54 PM »
I've been having major trouble getting back on here, getting some kind of "database error" over the past few login attempts, so sorry I haven't kept up.

Sorry about that. My web host decided to upgrade my server last night and it caused some issues. Everything should be back to normal now.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2015, 12:28:20 AM »

Sorry about that. My web host decided to upgrade my server last night and it caused some issues. Everything should be back to normal now.

Not an issue, LO... I'm just glad that I can relax in the comfort of the great minds here, and not risk a stroke on You Tube... Those people are the very textbook definition of stupidly insane. And they won't do a thing about it. I don't understand why.
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2015, 07:59:39 AM »

Not being in the business, but is renting a more efficient way to go instead of owning a server? 
Just asking. :)
Eugene Cernan