Author Topic: I really wonder why people still believe we have send men to the moon.  (Read 110226 times)

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
Re: I really wonder why people still believe we have send men to the moon.
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2015, 10:17:01 AM »
Don't you agree it is done in FAITH (nasa told us so! ughh)

what else is it?

But it's not just NASA. It's the space programs of other countries. It's independent observers that tracked the missions. It's the thousands of scientists since then who have never shown any reason why the landings *couldn't* have occurred, and supported the principles on which they did.

It comes down to, is it reasonable to have faith that the combined observations of hundreds of thousands (perhaps millions) of people are correct? Or to assume that some evil entity has lied to us, to the point of warping even our understanding of the physical laws of the universe, in order to persuade us that the landings occurred.

You, like many hoax supporters, take refuge in solipsism. How, you ask, can we be sure we are seeing the True Truth? Perhaps we're living in our own version of the Truman Show, perpetually lied to and tricked. How would we know otherwise? Perhaps. But what would a rational person think is the most likely interpretation? You may proclaim "It could all just be a Grand Illusion," but I'm not planning to base my interpretation of reality on that.

I know. So what?

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2015, 10:20:16 AM »
Why, then, is either your alleged prior belief, or your current disbelief, worthy of any particular attention?
That is not up to me. People are free to do with information anything they want.
It is called freedom, mate ;)

I'm not your "mate", and you missed the point of my question.  I'm not here simply to argue with you; I want you to learn something.  But you don't show any understanding of the topic, and don't show any interest in alleviating your ignorance.  So why should I, and other posters who have attempted to engage you, waste our time trying to help you? 

And please, spare us the appeal to "freedom".  You are of course free to render any opinion you want on topics you know nothing about.  But you're not entitled to have knowledgeable people take you seriously.

In my case, it's because I'm an experienced space systems engineer, with a space physics background, have worked with Apollo engineers, and have examined the record in reasonable detail.
Well. well well. I am glad you wrote this. Your cognitive dissonance will be the greater!
This explains a lot. I mean a LOT.  Are you 'patriotic' too?

No, I'm afraid you can't bluff or smokescreen your way past this.  I actually understand the things I'm talking about; you don't.  It's up to you whether you want to change that.  You can't do that by insinuating that I'm acting out of purely nationalistic reasons, when (a) many of the posters here are not Americans, and (b) you're incapable of putting together any kind of technical justification for your claims, or even (c) coherent claims in the first place.

On the other hand, why should I believe you? You can write here anything you want!

If you have a test you wish to propose, feel free to do so. I used to work for guys like Max Faget; it's no skin off my nose whether an anonymous internet conspiracy theorist believes me or not.

But, if you are, it explains a LOT. (so, why do YOU believveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee we have send men to the moon? something must have convinced you! was it the telly? ;)

Asked and answered in the very paragraph to which you are responding. I can of course provide more detail, but don't feel any need to indulge you unless you start paying attention.

Good heavens, whatever gave you such a silly idea? The Apollo program, including its manned and unmanned predecessors, and its scientific and technical legacy, is the most heavily documented engineering program ever. There is an enormous amount of design, test, and operational information readily available,
I don't doubt that, I don't doubt that at all! But it clearly doesn't say a thing.

Simple denial is not an argument. 

not to mention science telemetry, lunar samples, peer-reviewed research, imagery, test and flight hardware, and follow-on technical and operational heritage. You're simply trying to deny things you're not even dimly aware of.
I am aware. I have to laugh at 'lunar samples' of courses, because there is none.

Simple denial is not an argument.  And no, you're not even remotely aware of the breadth and depth of evidence behind the Apollo program.  You haven't even figured out that all of the standard hoax believer claims you've tossed out have been addressed in great detail on this very board and its immediate predecessor, all laid out for you in bite-sized chunks.  So, I ask again - given your demonstrated ignorance of the topic, and your persistence in refusing to learn about it, why should anyone bother engaging with you?

They have really taken you in, right?

Posturing won't help you.  You echo ridiculous claims from conspiracist web sites.  I do this for a living.

Do you want to just call people names and assert knowledge you don't actually have? Or would you like to actually learn something? If the former, you may provoke people into retaliating, but you can't bluff your way here. If the latter, you will find a number of knowledgeable people willing to help you.
No, I don't want to call people names. BUT you don't adress that to people here who are
calling me names! Now what is that?

Because you came in here calling people "f*'d up" and condescendingly telling us how we all just believe what we're told, etc.  But, consider this my request for everyone else who has gotten into the slanging-off to please stop.  It doesn't help the conversation.

Which would you rather do? Strut and pose, or learn something?
Only two options? You ARE funny!

You've been doing option 1. You're not learning anything that way.  Option 2 is orthogonal to Option 1. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2015, 10:20:30 AM »
Well, I also wrote let start somewhere  with some 'evidence'

A lot of people look very 'hyper' from here,and seem to be 'all over the place"

And don't seem to be able to focus properly.

So. start discussing some evidence?

Like hmmm the 'c' on the rock? Just a prop?!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 10:24:18 AM by Tindarormkimcha »

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #198 on: October 01, 2015, 10:21:48 AM »

I'm not your "mate", and you missed the point of my question.

Of course not, mate!

what a looooooooooooooooooooooooong posting. It is getting ridiculous now, mate!

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2015, 10:25:43 AM »

You've been doing option 1. You're not learning anything that way.  Option 2 is orthogonal to Option 1. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

I don't feel you have to apologise for your nonsense.

It is ok.

Offline Miss Vocalcord

• Venus
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2015, 10:30:47 AM »
Where is your evidence props are labeled with letters?

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2015, 10:33:58 AM »

Don't you know about the 'c' on the rock AND the ground? It is hilarious!

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #202 on: October 01, 2015, 10:35:17 AM »
Interesting, the one item he picks has already been comprehensively debunked on this thread, and he accuses others of not reading his posts.

In case you missed it, Tinda, the C isn't there on pictures published at the time, it only appeared on a later scan, therefore most likely a hair in the scanner.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 10:37:20 AM by gwiz »
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2015, 10:35:48 AM »
I've given this original image and its back-up care to point out to us where the "c" is?
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a16/AS16-107-17446HR.jpg
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #204 on: October 01, 2015, 10:36:44 AM »
Interesting, the one item he picks has already been comprehensively debunked on this thread, and he accuses others of not reading his posts.

Oh yes I have seen it. But as I said, people are all over the place here.
So start concentrating on one.

btw it is not debunked as we will see.

Offline Miss Vocalcord

• Venus
« Reply #205 on: October 01, 2015, 10:38:01 AM »
Again evasive behaviour:
You claim this so called 'c' (which isn't on the rock anyway) indicates it is a prop: Where is your evidence for this claim?

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #206 on: October 01, 2015, 10:38:35 AM »
I've given this original image and its back-up care to point out to us where the "c" is?

LOL

A link from nasa? ok ok it is getting hilarious now! Now the question:

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THAT IS THE ORIGINAL PHOTO?

Answer: You don't! You have faith in nasa!!!!

It is getting hilarious now!

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #207 on: October 01, 2015, 10:39:40 AM »

Oh yes I have seen it. But as I said, people are all over the place here.
So start concentrating on one.

btw it is not debunked as we will see.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/50536828@N05/4643351218/
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline Tindarormkimcha

• Earth
« Reply #208 on: October 01, 2015, 10:40:06 AM »
Again evasive behaviour:
You claim this so called 'c' (which isn't on the rock anyway) indicates it is a prop: Where is your evidence for this claim?

o ic you are not familiar with the movie industry?

why bother if you are already convinced there is no 'c'?

Why did you wrote that there is no '' c ". Don't you TRUST the photo?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #209 on: October 01, 2015, 10:41:22 AM »

LOL

A link from nasa? ok ok it is getting hilarious now! Now the question:

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THAT IS THE ORIGINAL PHOTO?

Answer: You don't! You have faith in nasa!!!!

It is getting hilarious now!
Evasive answer but that is what I expected.  How do you think the image you posted came from?  This site and was copied and during the copying procedure a hair got on the copy., but the original came from this exact site.
What a troll.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan